Via Mr Alan In The World Of Toys YouTube channel we can share for you a very interesting interview with Hasbro Transformers brand marketer Ben MacCrae and toy designer Evan Brooks.
On this 33-minute interview we get some interesting tips and information about the latest Hasbro projects and lines like Haslab Deathsaurus, Legacy, Studio Series and more. Read on for some highlights:
- Haslab Deathsaurus
- Deathsaurus was originally planned for the Transformers 2023 main line (Legacy) but it was then changed for Haslab due to the success of Victory Saber.
- More features could be achieved as a Haslab like a bigger and more appropriate size for the character.
- Deathsaurus chest animals were originally planned to be sold as separate Core class toys if they would have stayed in the main line.
- They thought fans weren’t so excited with a stand as a tier (as it was with Victory Saber), so they added Deathsaurus’ throne.
- A color sample “is coming soon”.
- Legacy & Studio Series
- The team has now less rules than they had in the past for characters choices.
- The goal is to finally release characters from the far past that never got an update.
- Studio Series didn’t have plans to use characters from Age Of Extinction and The Last Knight for a while.
- Modern Pretenders idea was originally planned by Lenny and the figures were finished by Evan Brooks.
- Pretender shells were out of the price point in the main line definitively.
- It would have been like paying a Deluxe class price for a small Core with a Pretender shell. So they preferred to make a full deluxe or core character.
- If fans want Pretender shells, it still may happen. Let Hasbro know you want them in their social media channels. They are still open to the idea.
They also talked about their personal preferences, the development process of the toys, how around 2012 they decided to establish a range for the transformation steps to avoid too complex toys and keep them fun, and much more.
Watch the full interview after the break and then let us know your impressions on the 2005 Boards!