The Transformers Trading Card Game officially dropped wave 2 yesterday, and TFW2005’s own Vangelus and Aaron have run the new cards to show off what they can do! After the break you can read their thoughts on the new Combiner mechanics, new methods for playing, and new options for building out decks. Vangelus has also graced everyone with not one but two videos highlighting the new cards. Keep reading to check it all out!
Official Press Release:
The Transformers Trading Card Game continues to grow as its second set rumbles into stores TODAY!
RISE OF THE COMBINERS sees the battlefield changed forever as the mighty, towering Combiners come into play for the first time. Introducing a number of characters and mechanics into the Transformers TCG, certain cards from RISE OF THE COMBINERS Booster Packs allow players to race against their opponent to assemble and activate their team into Combiner mode while battling for victory.
Character Cards that are components of a Combiner character employ an exciting physical mechanic. Each card is the size of a standard Transformers TCG character card, but has a piece of the Combiner character on one side, and the Alt and Bot modes of a character on the Combiner team on the other. The cards have a reinforced hinge in the center, which allows them to be neatly folded when in play as one of several characters on a player’s team.
RISE OF THE COMBINERS Booster Packs will be available beginning March 1 in the US and certain other regions. You can find it where trading card games are sold, but fans can check their preferred retailer for availability.
- 46 TRANSFORMERS Character Cards and 76 Battle Cards not previously in Transformers TCG Booster Packs, including cards to assemble and activate 6 Combiner characters
- Mechanics to complement updated roster of characters
- 1 Foil TRANSFORMERS Character Card and 7 Battle Cards in Each Booster Pack
- Multiple character cards are needed to form a Combiner character.
- 5 Combiner teams have their own Enigma Battle Cards, which a player must deploy to assemble the component characters into the full Combiner character.
- Approximately 1 in 2 RISE OF THE COMBINERS Booster Packs contains a Character Card needed to form a Combiner character.