Tokyo Toy Show 2023 has finally ended but our very own mod Gamerlingual, who is living in Japan now, was able to attend the last day and not only get for us a nice gallery of the toys on display, but he was able to talk with Takara Tomy representatives and ask them about the future of the Masterpiece line.
Read on for details:
- Porsche license under discussion. Right now, it’s not up to them to decide and are waiting on Porsche to give the green light to make the Masterpiece.
- Showed him imges of the rumored Masterpiece Cliffjumper and he said he can’t comment (I’m looking at him like duh, people know).
- Future reissues of MP-44, Hound, etc. are on the table of discussion.
- Future Masterpiece MPG’s will not stay at 30 cm he said. WILL NOT. Whether they change their minds or not is to be determined.
- Higher ups (Takara Topmy executives, directors, upper management, etc) are preventing the decision of when to finish up G1. But the hope is there.
- Masterpiece Rhinox confirmed. But release date and MP number haven’t been decided yet.
There you are guys, direct from the source. See all the images from Takara Tomy booth and then join to the ongoing discussion on the 2005 Boards!