Few days ago, Transformers fans got a small taste of what to expect inside the December 2018 issue of the Empire Magazine. Director Travis Knight has given a lengthy interview discussing his upcoming movie; Transformers: Bumblebee.
TFW2005 purchased a copy of the mag to delve into the juicy details from the aforementioned interview.
Though we attached the images from Empire onto this news post, we will not post the interview in its entirety. You can read below, our summary of the article.
Spoiler Warning: Some may consider certain parts of the interview as spoilers. You are warned.
#1. Setting The Mood
- Favorite G1 characters: Optimus Prime, Shockwave, Soundwave, Bumblebee.
- Went for the G1 aesthetics – metallic giants with real personalities. “There’s something so magical about the simplicity of those designs.”
- Though Dropkick and Shatter are new characters, they are “woven from the same fabric” as G1.
- Shatter’s look is inspired by G1 Nightbird (minus the nunchucks).
- Dropkick’s look is inspired by G1 Megatron.
- The director considers G1 Megatron’s design as one of the greatest designs of Transformers history.
You can read the rest of the summary and take a look at the scans, after the jump. Empire Magazine December 2018 issue (out now!) can be bought from your local newspaper outlet.