Join in the discussion about the artwork, creator credits and synopsis details for these publications on the 2005 boards!
Transformers news and info for Marvel Transformers Crossovers and Star Wars Transformers Crossovers.
Key players from the My Little Pony / Transformers creative team are reassembling for part II, with TFW2005 members Darth Gonzo and Issy543 reporting this news via io9.
“The first crossover was about as much fun as I’ve had in my writing career,” Asmus said. “I am hugely delighted that we’re not only doing a follow-up, but getting to flip the script. In the first series, we got to tell really charming and fun stories by tossing the Autobots and Decepticons into the colorful, magical world of Equestria. But now, dragging dark magic and friendly ponies into the sci-fi world of Cybertron lets us play with brand new tones, toys, and team-ups!”
“I can’t wait to jump back into this world of magical friendships that really is More than Meets the Eye,” Maggs added. “It’s such a blast coming up with the most fun (and downright weird) pairings of ponies and ‘bots, and I think fans of both series are going to be surprised at what’s we’ve got for them this second time around!”
Set your scanners on the cover artwork revealed so far, then sound off with your thoughts about this incoming miniseries on the 2005 boards!
A new week, and new toy sightings around the world. This week we have new War For Cybertron toys in France, Cyberverse in Hungary, the new Funko Pop G1 Transformers hit shelves in Peru and collectors in Taiwan can grab the new Kingdom figures plus several Generations Selects and other exclusive packs.
- Quintesson Pit Of Judgement In France – 2005 Boards member transform75 reports that Amazon France is offering and delivering this exclusive multipack for 85 Euros. While not a store sighting, it’s highly improbable that this pack will get into regular retail.
- Transformers Cyberverse Wave 8 Ultra, Deluxe Build-A-Figure Wave 2 And Wave 6 Scout In Hungary – 2005 Board member BB Shockwave found several new Cyberverse figures at Müller. Ultra Skullcruncher, Deluxe Hot Rod and Grimlock plus Scout Wheeljack (together with Wave 3 scout Shadow Striker).
- Funko Pop G1 Transformers In Peru – Via Transformers Perú we can confirm that the new Funko Pop G1 Transformers Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Megatron and Soundwave are available at Lawgamers stores. Additionally, the Pop Key Chains (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron) are on shelves too.
- Transformers Kingdom Wave 1 Core, Voyager & Leader, Buzzworthy Bumblebee Wave 1 Core, Generations Selects, Ectotron And Galaxy Odyssey Collection In Taiwan– 2005 Board member prime roller spotted a load of new toy at several stores at the 中和 (Zhōnghé) Global Mall (環球購物中心). At Toyworld and Toys”R”Us: Kingdom Core Vertebreak, Optimus Prime and Rattrap, Voyager Optimus Primal and Cyclonus, and Leader Megatron and Optimus Prime, Buzzworthy Bumblebee Bumblebee & Spike. At And 大明/合川 (Dàmíng/Héchuān) store: Ectotron, Generations Selects Hot House and G2 Megatron and the Galaxy Odyssey Collection Autobot Clones and Botropolis Rescue Mission packs.
Happy hunting one and all!
Thanks to our very own 2005 Board member DavidT for sharing in our boards our first in-hand images of the Walmart Exclusive Transformers x Back To The Future Gigawatt.
This was a special and limited Gigawatt edition which came numbered with sequences of “0001 of 1985”. Pre-orders for this figure sold out in a very brief period of time last year. While there was a regular retail Gigawatt version available later, this limited was version finally delivered to the lucky fans who were able to pre-order it. DavidT shared several comparison shots of the box next to the retail version which let us see the differences between these releases, more noticeable a small licensed plate sticker. The one in the pictures is 0882 of 1985.
Not much left to sat, so click on the bar to see the mirrored images on this news post and then share your impressions on the 2005 Board!
Attention Australian collectors! The new Transformers Collaborative: Ultimate X-Spanse has been listed as EB Games and Zing exclusive for the Australian market.
Thanks to Ozformers, we can confirm that the new Transformers Collaborative: Marvel Comics X-Men Mash-Up: Ultimate X-Spanse is now available for pre-order at the Australian EB Games and Zing stores. It is listed for $129 AUD ($99.40 approximately), with a $30 AUD ($23.11 approximately) deposit required when you pre-order it. This item is scheduled for release by February, 2021. It’s good to notice that this figure is available for in-store pickup from Zing stores on the Zing listing, while the EB Games listing only allows for shipping it.
Ultimate X-Spanse is ready for pre-order now at Target ($64.99) or at the following retailers on 3/1/2021: GameStop and Hasbro Pulse. Click on the discussion link below and let us know your impressions on the 2005 Board!
Courtesy of 2005 Board member Gepard we can share for you our first in-hand images of the new Transformers x Ghostbusters Afterlife Ectotron.
This figure is a retool and slight redeco of the original Ectotron figure. It comes in a blister with retro-packaging design and it includes the “Transformers Ghostbusters Ghosts of Cybertron” issue #01 comic with an exclusive cover plus Slimer and Masher ghost figurines. This figure features a new head-sculpt with “updated Ecto-Goggles” inspired by the movie and a some weathering paint apps.
Check out all the images on this news post and Gepard’s comments and review after the break. This figure is already out in the US exclusively at Target.
It seems 2020 is still giving us new toys at shelves. 2005 Board member Doctor Reggae shared in our boards photographic proof of his sighting of the new Transformers Kingdom Wave 1 Core Class & Transformers x Ghostbusters Afterlife Ectotron at US retail.
Kingdom Core class Optimus Prime was spotted at Target in Grove City, Ohio. Their wave partners Rattrap and Vertebreak should surface soon.
To top it all, the new Transformers x Ghostbusters Afterlife Ectotron was spotted at the same store. This figure is a Target exclusive in the US.
Author Cavan Scott and artist Juan Samu continue their Transformers x Back To The Future introductions of Autobot Skilz.
The smart-talking Cybertronian was a part of my pitch for the mini-series from the very beginning and it was great to see artist Juan Samu bring him to life.
Read on to find out more about the design inspiration and sketches for this character, then share your thoughts about this series on the 2005 boards!
Via In Demand Toys we have a nice set of packaging images of several upcoming figures for 2021: Transformers Afterlife Ectotron, Studio Series, R.E.D & Wave 2 Retro Headmasters.
Read on for the detailed list of each product.
- Transformers Collaborative: Ghostbusters Afterlife Ectotron – This retool and redeco of Ectotron comes in a big retro-style blister, different to the first Ectotron’s box.
- Studio Series SS-70 B-117 (Bumblebee Movie Cybertronian Bumblebee) & SS-71 Dino (Dark Of The Moon)
- R.E.D Transformers Prime Arcee & Beast Wars Cheetor
- Retro Headmasters Wave 2 Highbrow, Skullcruncher & Weirdwolf
Click on the names to go to the respective thread in our forums or alternatively click on the bar to see all the images on this news post and then share your impression on the 2005 Board!
Marty will have to trust Gigawatt on a trip… to the future in the second installment of Transformers x Back To The Future. Apply your artwork inspection Skilz to the Comic Watch 5-page preview after the read more jump, then sound off on the 2005 boards!
Creator credits: Cavan Scott (Author), Juan Samu (Artist, Cover Artist), Phil Murphy (Cover Artist), Dan Schoening (Cover Artist), David Garcia Cruz (Colorist)