Care of @Aburachoujin102 on Twitter, we have a look at the upcoming Walmart Retro Headmasters series Chromedome compared with the Takara-Tomy Transformers Legends Chromedome.
Inspired by the look of the original Generation 1 toy, the Transformers Legends Chromedome had several differences compared to Hasbro’s IDW inspired Titans Return version. Other than a random packaging variation, Takara-Tomy’s Legends tooling of Chromedome was never previously made available outside of Japan – until now. From this image, we can see the following main differences between the Legends figure and the upcoming reissue figure:
- Overall the reissue has more muted brown plastic, and a more vibrant tan plastic.
- The red plastic on the reissue also appears less saturated
- The reissue’s wheels are in a smokey translucent plastic that is almost clear
- The reissue has a nice white border on his Autobot symbol
- The reissue has a lighter grey plastic used on the head that almost appears silver
- The reissue’s upper legs are now tan, where both the Legends and Titans Return versions had brown upper legs.
- The reissue’s upper arms lack the silver paint applications which were present on the Legends version and the Titans Return version.
This isn’t by any means an exhaustive list of the differences between the two versions since we’ve not seen the vehicle modes or Headmasters side-by-side yet.