Thanks to Twitter user @articulatedpts we are able to share with you a recap of the Skybound Entertainment Energon Universe comic panel by Skybound Entertainment at San Diego Comic Con 2023. Panelists include Joshua Williamson, Daniel Warren Johnson, Sean Mackiewicz, and Robert Kirkman.
Read on for a quick, bullet-point recap.
- A Skuxxoid (organic hitman from Season 3 of the original G1 The Transformers cartoon) appears in a preview page
- Will Quintessons or Nebulans appear in this universe? “Wait and see” – Robert Kirkman
- Robert Kirkman created giant building blocks for Johnson to work off of story-wise
- The featured characters in the first arc were chosen because they are Johnson’s favorite characters
- The comic is a starting point. The world and the roster of characters will expand as time goes on
- How can G.I. Joe kill a Transformer? Read the comics and you’ll find out!
- Q&A – the Autobots are navigating this brand new world (Earth) for the first time
- Q&A – No plans to tie in other Hasbro properties (Visionaries, Inhumanoids) at this time
- Q&A – Age range target for the book is 12-16 year olds, the same as the mainline Marvel and DC books
- Q&A – Clear separation between what Paramount does with Transformers and what Skybound is doing with Transformers
- Q&A – Plans to republish older comic content (from IDW Publishing and Marvel Comics) exist
- Q&A – Skybound is not limited to the 1984/1985 Transformers characters in their Transformers comic. Robert Kirkman jokes his goal is to get Bulkhead in to the comic