Doors are open in Las Vagas for the 2023 edition of Licensing Expo. Hasbro is attending this year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Transformers franchise.
Hasbro spoke briefly about Rise of the Beasts and the upcoming Transformers: One.
For ROTB, Hasbro stated that they’ve partnered with various licensing partners including Bioworld, Disguise Costumes, Dynacraft, Funko, Jada, Hallmark, Kid Design, Monogram, Robosen, Super7, and Tomy. It is worth noting that we’ve only seen products from some of these listed companies. It is likely that we will see more licensed products throughout the coming months.
However, the announcement of the hour was the aforementioned 40th anniversary of the Transformers franchise. Casey Collins, Hasbro’s President of Licensed consumer Products had very interesting news to share with all of us:
“We will start  by celebrating the landmark 40th anniversary of Transformers by providing our licensees with 3D files of the original G1 toys for the first time ever. With this, our partners will be able to reissue original licensed products and reimagined innovations leveraging the authentic vintage artwork from the G1 toy line and Marvel comics. Pulling it all together, we’re digitally releasing the ‘80s animated TV series soundtrack with an exciting bonus track that taps into nostalgia and re-creates the excitement, tone, and pop culture moments of 1984.”
You can read the full press release we’ve received, after the jump.
Hasbro Bolsters Licensed Consumer Products Slate Across Its Powerhouse Brands Ahead of the 2023 Las Vegas Licensing Expo
At Booth #G170, Hasbro Celebrates Licensing Expo’s Fashion Theme by Revealing Apparel, Footwear and Accessories Collaborations with Premier Global Brands
Brand-New Licensed Collaborations and Partnerships Unveiled Around Transformers, My Little Pony, Peppa Pig, Dungeons & Dragons, NERF, MONOPOLY and More Across Entertainment & Music, LBE, Toy & Game and Publishing Categories
Pawtuckett, RI — Hasbro, Inc. will return to Las Vegas Licensing Expo on June 13-15, 2023, to celebrate its 100th year and showcase fresh products and collaborations across its extraordinary portfolio of brands, including Transformers, My Little Pony, Peppa Pig, Dungeons & Dragons, NERF, MONOPOLY and more. On the show floor at booth #G170, Licensing Expo’s Fashion Showroom and beyond, Hasbro is presenting its licensing lineup including first looks at brand-new consumer products collections.
“Hasbro is making an impact like never before at this year’s Licensing Expo. With iconic brands fueled by compelling content, our industry-leading portfolio offers sought-after licensing opportunities that attract world-class brands,” said Claire Gilchrist, VP North America & Pacific, Licensed Consumer Products at Hasbro. “Hasbro’s apparel and accessories offerings have grown exponentially and, with this year’s Expo theme as fashion, there is no better place to debut our latest collections with global powerhouses like Alex Woo, Bobby Abley, Irregular Choice and so many more.”
Guided by its Blueprint 2.0 strategy, Hasbro is significantly expanding its licensing offerings in 2023 with a focus on fewer brands to invest in their growth and unlock their full potential. With fans and storytelling at its heart, the organization is delivering newness across wide-ranging categories based on its beloved brands which are celebrating major milestones, including two Hollywood blockbuster releases from Paramount, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves and Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, and 40 years of My Little Pony. In 2024, Hasbro is commemorating D&D’s 50th, Transformers’ 40th and Peppa Pig’s 20th anniversaries with many more exciting moments and collaborations planned.
“From infants and toddlers to parents, grandparents and more, our fans are our North Star. That’s why we’re committed to delivering stories, play and entertainment experiences for our multi-generational consumers in formats and on platforms that matter most to them,” said Casey Collins, President of Licensed Consumer Products at Hasbro. “As we celebrate Hasbro’s centennial anniversary and look ahead to the next 100 years, we’re focused on finding imaginative ways to bring fan-favorite characters and brands off the screen and into fans’ homes and hearts everywhere.”
Hasbro’s Purpose is to create joy and community for all people around the world, one game, one toy, one story at a time. With Licensed Consumer Products offices around the world and a strong base of over 1,800 licensees, Hasbro continues to serve its Purpose by delivering product innovations and captivating entertainment for fans of all ages through endless consumer touchpoints, including the following all-new partnerships and collaborations launching across the globe:
- Dungeons & Dragons x Boss Dog (NA – US) – As fans of the Dungeons and Dragons legacy, Boss Dog Brand is releasing a line of men’s and junior’s streetwear based on the beloved fantasy franchise. The line will be available for purchase in select Zumiez locations and online July 1st.
- MONOPOLY & CANDY LAND x Krost (NA – US) – KROST, a philanthropic fashion brand with a strong commitment to addressing climate change and food insecurity, has teamed up with iconic Hasbro Gaming brands MONOPOLY and CANDY LAND to launch a special collection. The collection features an assortment of unisex basics ranging from tee-shirts, sweatshirts, pants, shorts, and accessories with an emphasis on nostalgic imagery and comfortable fabrics. Available on Krostnewyork.com and Nordstrom.com this summer.
- Potato Head x Anya Hindmarch (EMEA) – An eight-piece capsule collection of small leather goods, this all-new line spotlights cross-generational pop culture icon Mr. Potato Head in his classic Derby hat, mustache and bright red nose. The collection is available for purchase now at Anya Hindmarch, Net a Porter and Matches.
- My Little Pony x Alex Woo (NA – US) – As the first jewelry collection to enchant the world of My Little Pony with real gold and diamonds, this line features popular Little Icons™ and Mini Additions™ charms in solid sterling silver, 14k yellow gold or with hand painted enamel.
- My Little Pony x Cakeworthy (NA & UK) – Inspired by retro silhouettes, pastels and maximalism, this collection will feature some of My Little Pony’s cutest characters with Cakeworthy design favorites like the all-over print tee and the signature embroidered flannel. Other statement pieces will include a retro-inspired lunchbox bag, a color-block track suit, cloud cardigan and so much more. This 13-piece collection will be available to shop online and at the Cakeworthy brick-and-mortar location at CF Limeridge Mall.
- Peppa Pig x MORI (EMEA) – Coming in August 2023, MORI and Peppa Pig will launch a baby and toddler clothing range consisting of sleepsuits, pajamas, daywear and towels. The 11-piece collection will feature MORI’s super-soft organic fabric in gentle patterns, designed to celebrate first experiences and help welcome babies into the world and beyond.
- Peppa Pig x Trotters London (EMEA) – Launching in spring 2024 is a fashion collaboration between Trotters London and Peppa Pig that will bring timeless children’s clothing with a twist. Well known for their quintessential beautiful clothing, the collection will feature an exclusive Liberty London and Peppa Pig print – perfect to celebrate Peppa’s 20th anniversary next year!
- Transformers x Culture Kings (PACIFIC & NA – US) – Goat Crew, the renowned pop culture brand sold exclusively at Culture Kings, has joined forces with Transformers to unveil a seven-piece collection of graphic tees and hoodies inspired by the Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Fans can purchase the collection for a limited time by visiting CultureKings.com.
- Transformers x Bobby Abley (EMEA) – A true fan of Transformers, Bobby Abley has launched a 15-piece apparel and accessories collection inspired by the iconic brand. Exclusive to the line is a stunning and unexpected Toile Du Jour print utilizing Bobby’s favorite cityscapes to evoke the thrill and adventure of Transformers. More is planned for the brands to celebrate the franchise’s 40th anniversary in 2024, so stay tuned!
- Transformers x Irregular Choice (EMEA) – Launching in October 2023, Irregular Choice are collaborating with Transformers to launch a 20-piece collection of shoes, bags and tights with designs based on nostalgic 80’s artwork from the franchise.
- Transformers x Kross Studios (GLOBAL) – Design studio and watchmaker Kross Studio has created a 10-piece limited collector’s set inspired by the global powerhouse Transformers franchise and its new Transformers: Rise of the Beasts movie. The collector set is composed of a beautifully designed central tourbillon watch and a functional sculpture modeled after a major enigmatic element from the movie.
- Transformers & G.I. Joe x RSVLTS (NA) – Coming this summer from pop-culture apparel brand RSVLTS are two fan-focused collections for Hasbro’s G.I. Joe and Transformers franchises. Featuring RSVLTS’ hallmark soft and stretchy button-down shirts, the collections offer several styles that prominently showcase major heroes, villains, and vehicles stemming from the classic comic book and action figure lines from every fan’s childhood.
- Transformers x Tango Hotel (NA) – In collaboration with legendary Japanese artist Dragon76 and Hasbro’s recently released film Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Tango Hotel has created a men’s line celebrating the vibrant colors and textures of the concrete jungle. The collection is comprised of a light-weight jacket, t-shirt and shorts.
Entertainment & Music
- Hasbro x Sony Music Publishing and Magic Star (GLOBAL) – Hasbro has announced a worldwide administration deal with Sony Music Publishing to support the company’s entire portfolio of world-class fan and family brands. Additionally, Magic Star, The Orchard’s official global division of children’s and family entertainment, has been appointed as Hasbro’s global recorded music distribution partner.
Home / Lifestyle
- Peppa Pig x Emma Bridgewater (EMEA) – To celebrate Peppa Pig’s 20thanniversary in 2024, Peppa Pig will collaborate with the iconic British homewares brand for a line of personalized mugs, plates and bowls.
- Peppa Pig x Mr Maria (EMEA) – Amsterdam-based designer Mr Maria has designed a lighting fixture that’s sure to help Peppa fans have sweet slumbers. This collaboration features Peppa in her iconic rain boots and dress relaxed in a serene pose. She’s all white except for her little feet to embrace her moment of calmness while still honoring her bright spirit.
Toy & Game
- MONOPOLY: Celebrating 100 Years of Hasbro (NA) – WS Game Company has debuted a limited-edition MONOPOLY game in honor of Hasbro’s 100th The new edition features a fully custom illustrated game board showcasing 90 notable brands that have contributed to Hasbro’s great legacy.
- MONOPOLY SCRABBLE, BOGGLE Jr. and RISK The 1980’s Edition (NA) – From Winning Moves Games USA is MONOPOLY® SCRABBLE®, an innovative new game that combines the best elements of MONOPOLY with the crossword-building play of SCRABBLE. In place of rolling dice, players build words and move ahead by their score. Also new for Fall 2023 are BOGGLE® Jr. and RISK® The 1980’s Edition.
- Peppa Pig x Audible (GLOBAL) – As the iconic animated show prepares for its 20th anniversary in 2024, Hasbro and Audible plan to bring Peppa and her diverse playgroup to new platforms with the first-ever Peppa Pig podcast content.
# # #
Hasbro is a toy and game company whose mission is to entertain and connect generations of fans through the wonder of storytelling and exhilaration of play. Hasbro delivers engaging brand experiences for global audiences through toys, consumer products, gaming and entertainment, with a portfolio of iconic brands including MAGIC: THE GATHERING, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, Hasbro Gaming, NERF, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH and PEPPA PIG, as well as premier partner brands.
Hasbro is guided by our Purpose to create joy and community for all people around the world, one game, one toy, one story at a time. For more than a decade, Hasbro has been consistently recognized for its corporate citizenship, including being named one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media, one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute and one of the 50 Most Community-Minded Companies in the U.S. by the Civic 50. For more information, visit https://corporate.hasbro.com.