Thanks to Ryan Speaks Geek YouTube channel, we can share for you the Hasbro Transformers Panel at London Comic Con 2022.
This 7-minute video features all the Transformers reveals of the event which were commented mainly by Hasbro brand marketer Ben MacCrae who gave us some interesting details about these new upcoming figures, including HasLab Deathsaurus:
- Holiday Optimus Prime was inspired by the Christmas Star Wars products.
- Holiday Prime development started while back when Lenny Panzica was still working in the Transformers team (now he’s working in the G.I Joe team), Lenny worked in the sculpt originally and it was finished by Mark Maher.
- Mark took inspiration from that Marvel UK Optimus Prime Holiday comic, so the colors match Santa Claus classic colors, even with a green Matrix.
- Generations Selects Magnificus was designed by Evan Brooks. It will be the first Generations Selects item for release in 2023.
- HasLab Deathsaurus was originally planned to be released in the main Legacy line.
- Deathsaurus was later “upgraded” as a HasLab to get the right character’s size and sculpt to scale with Victory Saber.
- Deathsaurus was designed by Hisashi Yuuki at Takara Tomy who also worked on HasLab Victory Saber and Masterpiece Star Saber.
- Deathsaurus painted model should be shipping to Hasbro next week.
- Deathsaurus block model on display at London Comic Con is not as detailed as the final product or even the reveal images.
Watch the video after the jump and then let us know your impressions on the 2005 Boards!