Fire in the sky! Takara Tomy have officially revealed the latest installment in the Masterpiece line: MP-57 via Takara Tomy Mall website. Skyfire is coming in hot!
This amazing cartoon-accurate Skyfire mold will be released as a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive for the Japanese market, priced 38500 Yen (about $296.00) and scheduled for release in late January 2023. There’s a limited reservation period from June 3rd to August 5th 2022. Read on for details and highlight from the images and information from the Japanese listing:
- Design inspired by the G1 cartoon.
- 35 cm tall. We have comparison shots next to Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime, MP-27 Ironhide and MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 and MP-52 Starscream 2.0. Quite a tall figure for sure.
- Designed by veteran Takara Tomy designer Kojin Ono.
- Includes a rifle, stand, 3 interchangeable faces (one of them, G1 toy inspired mask), two big blast effects, Autobot and Decepticon plates (inspired by the classic scene in the “Fire In The Sky” episode) and three mini-figures of Optimus Prime, Wheeljack and Jazz.
- The aforementioned mini-figures are articulated and planned to work in the right scale for Skyfire’s jet mode. They fit inside the cockpit and other section of the jet.
- Alt mode can still extend the robot arms and legs while transformed as seen in the G1 cartoon.
See all the new HQ images of Masterpiece Skyfire after the jump and then sound off on the 2005 Boards!
Update – global retailers are now listing him for preorder. Check our sponsors below!