CBR.com has officially revealed some upcoming Transformers Legacy figures, those being Deluxe Wild Rider and Leader Blitzwing:
Wild Rider and Blitzwing are officially set to join Hasbro’s Transformers: Legacy line of action figures later this year.
Hasbro has provided CBR with an exclusive first look at the Transformers: Generations Legacy Deluxe Decepticon Wild Rider and the Transformers: Generations Legacy Leader Blitzwing figures ahead of their wide reveal tomorrow, Tuesday, April 12. The Deluxe Decepticon Wild Rider retails for $24.99 USD, while the Leader Blitzwing retails for $55.99. Both figures are due for release this July and will be available for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse and other retailers starting April 12 at 1 p.m. EST.
Transformers: Generations Legacy Deluxe Decepticon Wild Rider
- (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $24.99 / Available: July 2022)
- This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 5.5-inch DELUXE DECEPTICON WILD RIDER robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. WILD RIDER lives up to his name. He’s a bit of a loose cannon. When he hits the road, he drives to destroy!
- WILD RIDER action figure converts from robot to sports car mode in 17 steps and comes with 2 Energon blaster accessories. The DECEPTICON WILD RIDER toy also combines as the MENASOR figure’s left leg. Collect other TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY combiner figures to form MENASOR (each sold separately, subject to availability)!
Transformers: Generations Legacy Leader Blitzwing
- (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $55.99 / Available: July 2022)
- This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 7-inch LEADER BLITZWING robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. BLITZWING terrorizes his opponents by switching between his three modes in battle, laughing all the while! The triple changer action figure converts from robot to jet mode in 32 steps and from robot to tank mode in 41 steps. BLITZWING also comes with a sword, 2 blaster accessories and features a rotating turret in tank mode
“Universes collide! TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY brings together fan-favorite characters from across every generation of TRANSFORMERS with figures featuring deco inspired by their universe,” Hasbro writes. “In honor of the almost 40-year legacy of TRANSFORMERS entertainment, the fandoms come together from across TRANSFORMERS realities, all in one toy line. Scan the code on each package to reveal character tech specs from across the multiverse! Collect other LEGACY figures to reveal their character tech specs (each sold separately, subject to availability). TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY action figures are great kids’ toys and exciting collectibles for fans of all ages.”
Tune in to the Transformers livestream on the official Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel Tuesday, April 12 at 11 a.m. EST for the wide reveal of these two figures, plus “some additional Transformers surprises.”
Check it out and let us know what you think after the break!
You need to remove a pin on the armature that holds the lower-wings/tank shell onto the body.
yeah, Commander Overlord would be sick
I'm good with the one we got. He's a lot bigger than Prime and Megatron. If they DID make a Commander class one I'd TOTALLY buy it, but I don't care if they don't.
WHAAAAT?! Tax evasion is NOT boring…
Not if you you make it a sport.
Exactly! This is what I tell my mom every single time I buy one XD.
The link is broken now … How is this done??
I actually prefer the fanned out fenders. It breaks up the backpack so it’s not so shellformer-ish
I don't see why not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wonder if they can still combine into Blitzwing.
Yes. They even have adult toy shops.
Cause it looks better.
i think they just wanted to try something instead of just giving him the big lumpy backpack with no options. like "heres another configuration for you to play around with, or dont if you like a real g1 hood backpack"
the big reason I'm happy its there because i dont think other parts of WR were sacrificed for it. im not here thinking like "OH THEY COULD HAVE USED THAT PARTS AND BUDGET FOR PANELS TO COVER THE TINY BIT OF OPEN FOREARM" or something, he looks really good in both modes, even painted rims, baby!
the 'cape' version of the backpack with the side chunks folded out look better every time i see them in someone elses photos. they sorta mirror the backs of the arms and i actually quite like the look, but im fascinated by the fact theyve given us transformations steps that you just… dont have to interact with if you dont wanna. kinda like how elita 1's backpack has extra bits to become the minerva backpack!
could they have used that parts count to make it all fold tighter, or even into the torso? i mean maybe, but im happy they wanted to try something. WR gets away with having a backpack the same way scourge gets away with shellforming and Omega Supreme gets away with partsforming, its just what that character does, so it makes me happy they didnt just go 'ye good enough ' and leave it
FORWARD ankle movement? That's awesome.
I have to say, I'm genuinely puzzled Hasbro made opening the backpack panels part of the robot conversion. Why?
Growing old: compulsory.
Growing up: optional…
Excuse you, I don't buy "toys", I purchase highly-detailed articulated collectable action figures
Adults still buy toys? I thought they grew up and got too busy with boring stuff like tax evasion and sports.
TF Hot Rod
100% it's how everyone should.
cool pics ! I’ll definitely pose mine like you did, with the closed backpack