Following on from our last rumor post and yesterday’s deluge of Transformers: Rise of the Beasts news as a whole, we have a new batch of rumors concerning the film once again from friend of the site Protoman. As stated before, he was able to visit the movie set in Montreal, Canada where he was able to learn some interesting bits of info. This time, in his newest video, he elaborated more on what he saw now that the movie has been officially revealed.
You can check out the information that was relayed after the break, but be warned that there are possible heavy spoilers for the film.
• The movie’s name was indeed originally Beast Alliance.
• There are things about the movie that have not been publicly revealed but have been sighted on the streets of Montreal. Shooting there has just wrapped up, and shooting in Peru will be starting soon.
• Unlike Bumblebee which had a comparatively smaller budget, this will be a big summer blockbuster similar to what we’ve seen in the past.
• All of the factions (Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals, Predacons) use their traditional faction symbols.
• It is a sequel to the Bumblebee movie, in timeline and story, although director Steven Caple Jr. is still being vague on the subject of if it’s actually set in the Bayverse or not. Leaving it open to go either way. It is supposed to “be its own thing” though regardless.
• The Terrorcons have their own agenda and are working for a big villain that’s even higher on the totem pole…
• Arcee’s robot mode apparently looks very close to her G1 design while still turning into a motorcycle. Protoman says she looks really great and people are going to love it. Not anything like she appeared in the TF1 toyline or ROTF.
• Nightbird likewise looks similar to her G1 counterpart. She has the same head design design with an overall ninja motiff and a purple-gray color scheme. She also swaps factions, is currently in league with the Terrorcons, and likewise may also be working for the aforementioned bigger bad. Some of these traits are similar to ones displayed by Armada Sideways and it’s implied her character may have been influenced by him.
• Scourge’s characterization is similar to AOE Lockdown. He steals dead robots’ faction symbols and applies them to his body. He seems to be a combination of both G1 and RID2001 Scourges.
• Optimus Primal looks very similar to the TLK concept art but now has tons of fur, and a rusted look to him.
• Rhinox is the brains of the group, the tough old guy, has a rusty steampunk Ironhide-ish look.
• Airazor looks similar to a real-world bird and has blue glowing eyes.
• One of the characters that has not been officially revealed so far was there on set in the form of a cardboard cutout for the actors to interact with. A certain character who is “ultra-gear”. Yes, it sounds as if Cheetor will indeed be appearing in the movie. There are even more characters who were spotted, though Protoman wasn’t able to reveal them just yet.
• More will be coming out in the next few days and weeks including set photos.
• It seems as if legendary Transformers villain Unicron may be appearing in the film in some fashion, possibly as the ultimate big bad Scourge, Nightbird and the rest of the Terrorcons are working for. The Terrorcons themselves as described as being “Unicronian”, so that seems to be the most likely scenario as of right now.