Appearing in an online conference by the Bank Of America, Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner stated that they are working hand in hand with Entertainment One (eOne for short) to produce various entertainment projects based on Hasbro properties.
Hasbro will also be producing toys for eOne’s original pre-school brands. From Fall 2021 onward, Hasbro will manufacture toys for Peppa Pig (current license-holder: Jazwares) and PJ Masks.
Brian Goldner mentioned that live action production was shutdown in 2020 due to COVID-19, but animated projects went ahead without any problems from Q2 onward. While not specified, this comment may or may not include the upcoming Transformers Live Action Movie and the Animated Movie by Josh Cooley.
However, Hasbro is hoping to restart pre-production and production of Live Action content from November 2020.
Regarding the Snake Eyes Live Action Movie, Mr. Goldner only mentioned that the movie shifted from 2020 to Fall 2021.
An undisclosed Action Man project is in the vault to be developed by eOne. Hasbro mentioned the following:
“Action Man is an incredibly strong brand particularly in Europe. To remind some people: Action Man was G.I. Joe’s European brother; effectively during the original launch period. European children really enjoyed Action Man programming, live action commercials, and other toys & games around that brand. That’s a brand [planned] for reinvention.”
In addition to that, an undisclosed project based on M.A.S.K. was also mentioned.
“We own a brand called M.A.S.K. which was a brand from the 70s and the 80s. It was a competitor at that time to Transformers, that we got through an acquisition that we’re now redeveloping.”
Hasbro had high praise for Transformers: War For Cybertron Netflix series, and stated the following:
“Transformers: War For Cybertron is a fan-oriented television series in animation on Netflix and it’s really driving engagement. I think we’re at a place for the audience to understand where streamed content has now reached such a pivotal point of inflection; where there’s enough content consumption to drive merchandising success. We always believed that we would arrive at this point of inflection and that’s why we had worked on getting more capabilities in storytelling.”
You can check out the rest of the slate, after the jump.
Entertainment content in development by eOne (2021 and beyond):
- My Little Pony: CGI Animated Movie in Fall followed by episodic Television programming.
- Power Rangers: Leading creative development and brand management.
- Littlest Pet Shop: Undisclosed project.
- Pound Puppies: Undisclosed project.
- Micronauts: Live Action Movie, Animated Series
- Action Man: Undisclosed project.
- M.A.S.K: Undisclosed project.
- Visionaries: Undisclosed project.
- R.O.M: Undisclosed project.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Live Action Movie (by Paramount), Live Action Television.
- Magic: The Gathering: Animated Programming for Netflix (by Russo Brothers).
- Transformers: War For Cybertron.
- G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes Live Action Movie.