TFW 2005 team at Toy Fair 2020 treated us with images and information of the Hasbro Pulse Panel. The panel was presented by Ben Montano, John Warden, and Rachel Fleming, as well as a surprise appearance by Gregg Berger, voice actor for Grimlock in G1 and many other iterations. We got a good amount of information on the Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Netflix animated series, Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise, Studio Series, and Transformers Cyberverse. Let’s dive right in (after the jump)!
Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy: Siege
- FJ De Santo from Rooster Teeth gave use some details on upcoming Netflix Animated series. He mentioned that the characters are based on their G1 iteration, but the show will challenge the viewers on what they know about these classic characters.
- The story will be set in the final hour of the Cybertronian civil war, where Megatron is trying take the Allspark off the planet.
- De Santo also mentioned that the character designs are derived from the CAD design files from the toy line, and their transformation in show will resemble the physical toy.
- The show is handled by Polygon Pictures Studio, who worked on Transformers Prime and Transformers RID
- A special Generations War for Cybertron line will be available through Walmart. Each Deluxe figure will come with one piece of Teletran 1. There are 10 in all, and you can complete Teletran 1 if you collect them all through out the year.
- There are 2 Voyager release, Megatron and Hotlink, each will come with 2 battle master size figures. John Warden mentioned HotLink comes with the Firetwins
- A Netflix special “Spoiler” box is announced. The box comes with one leader size figure, which contains spoilers from the show. John and Rachel caution from opening before watching the series, and joked about spoilers online.
- Mentioned about the stories being told through various upcoming IDW comics series
Transformer Generations, War for Cybertron: Earthrise
- Announced new factions that will be represented in this line, starting with the Mercenaries
- First off, Deluxe Runamuck. Figure is a brand new mold, announcement for Runabout will be later in the year
- Next up for Mercenaries, voyager class Snapdragon and leader class Doubledealer
- Snapdragon as a triple changer will have a robot, jet, and kaiju mode. Double Dealer will have a base mode that is compatible with the Modulator system
- The next faction represented are the Quintessons, including Quintesson Judge, Allicon, and Modulator Slither Fang
- Quintesson Judge will feature the faces of darkness, and Slither Fang was designed by John Warden himself
- Commander Class Sky Lynx is shown next, beside the traditional G1 modes, an extra mode that homages the Mircomaster Rocket Base is worked in. They also worked with NASA to work in details from space shuttles
- Final product shown for Earthrise is Titan class Scorponok. John Warden mentioned extra attention to get the base mode to look like G1
- New Generation Selects was announced. This time is a set of 4 Micromaster Spy Patrol. Two of them will be Skar and Knok that emulate the Powermasters that came with Double Dealer, as well as Rumble and Wingthing
Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures
- A trailer for the upcoming season is shown, Bumblebee is called back to Cybertron by Optimus Prime
- Wave 2 of Cyberverse Deluxe is shown, featuring Grimlock, Hot Rod, Arcee, and Thunderhowl. Wave 2’s on sale date is 5/1/2020
Transformers Studio Series
- Deluxe Wave 3 is shown, including Soundwave (Satellite), Topspin, and Cliffjumper (from the Bumblebee movie).
- Voyager Class wave 2 is next, with Scrapper, Sentinel Prime, Blitzwing (from the Bumblebee movie), and Skipjack.
- Leader class Overload was shown next, which will part of the 8 bot combiner movie Devastator. The full combiner will be present in the showroom
For more image of any and all the figures mentioned, make sure to check out our on site coverage from New York Toy Fair!