IDW Website have updated their Official Transformers / My Little Pony Crossover Announcement with several new and accurate info about this unexpected crossover of two of the most famous and popular Hasbro franchises.
Read on for some confirmed data about this release:
- This will be a four-issue miniseries.
- It will start shipping weekly in May.
- In MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS, the scheming Queen Chrysalis casts a spell in search of changeling allies, but accidentally interferes with a distant Cybertronian Spacebridge… and brings the Autobots and Decepticons to Equestria! As the dust settles, it’s up to Twilight Sparkle, Optimus Prime, and others to overcome the menace of malevolent magic and machinery.
- Writers: James Asmus, Ian Flynn, and Sam Maggs.
- Artists: Casey W. Coller, Jack Lawrence, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Priscilla Tramontano, and Tony Fleecs (who also provides cover artwork for the entirety of the series).
- Some words of IDW’s Editor-in-Chief Jon Barber: “Teaming TRANSFORMERS and MY LITTLE PONY has been a dream we’ve had for a long time. We’re all really excited to see this mashup of characters by a mashup of creators who are honoring the legacy of both universes… and doing it in the most bonkers, fun way imaginable!”
This official announcement has important confirmed information which is different from the first reveal we reported about this crossover. Stay tuned with TFW2005 for more updates and mark your comic calendar on May to grab the first issue.
Click on the bar to see the mirrored cover gallery featuring the My Little Pony characters next to our beloved transforming robots. Let us know your impressions on the 2005 Boards!