Courtesy of Japanese site Chohenken, we can share for you some images and information of the Transformers 35th Anniversary Celebration – Transformers Fight! Super Robot Sonic Festival 2019 Special Event In Japan.
This event was held at “MOGRA Akihabara”, a well-known anime & game music disco, the past August 2nd and it was a very original night. Japanese DJs played several Transformers songs from G1 Japan shows to the live-action movies. The main stage was decorated with an exhibition of Beast Wars II toys and it was another chance to show off the new Masterpiece Lio Convoy colored prototype together with several of the original toy variations over the time. Some Takara Tomy designers like Hisashi Yuuki, the original Lio Convoy’s toy designer, were at the venue and spent time with the fans. Some of the toys seen:
- An almost full line up of the Japanese Beast Wars II figures, including the impressive Tako Tank vehicle.
- Masterpiece Lio Convoy Color Prototype
- The original Beast Wars II Lio Convoy toy.
- Flash Lio Convoy. Redeco to resemble Lio Convoy’s power-up version as seen in the Beast Wars II movie.
- ToysRUs Japan Exclusive Black Lio Convoy. The original inspiration for RID Scourge/Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy deco.
- Lucky Draw Galva-Lio Convoy. Limited repaint in Beast Wars II Galvatron purple colors.
- Lucky Draw Multi-Color Lio Convoy. One of the rarest variants of this mold. Released via TV-Magazine in 1998 in red, black, gray and yellow. This may be our first proper pictures of this toy itself.
- Original early sketch of Lio Convoy for the Beast Wars II cartoon.
- Early sketch of the new Masterpiece Lio Convoy
- Magazines, PVC figurines and more
It was sure a fun event for Japanese fans. You can read the 2 articles on Chohenken website here and here including interviews with Takara Tomy’s representative (in Japanese). You can even watch the concert via Twitch for those fans who enjoy Japanese Transformers themes, as your fellow newsie here. Click on the bar to see some key pictures and then sound off on the 2005 Boards!