We’re at TFNation 2019 and the presentation of Transformers Animated Season 4 has just concluded.
To recap, in lieu of a script reading at this year’s TFNation, Marty Isenberg took to the stage with the outline for what would have been the premier of Transformers Animated Season 4: The Trial of Megatron. This was presented by the entire original voice cast reading their parts of the outline.
The highlights of this three-part story that wasn’t are:
- The Protoforms are handed over to the Cyber Ninjas and their new sensei, Dai Atlas.
- Sari is not one of the protoforms. She’s something else.
- A wake is held for Prowl.
- Ultra Magnus dies and names Optimus Prime as his sucessor.
- Sentinel Prime bribes Bumblebee with a spot on the Elite Guard to endorse him as Ultra Magnus’ successor. This drives a wedge between him and the rest of the team. He later reconciles by refusing to follow along with Sentinel’s bribery.
- Ratchet and the other science bots build Sentinel Prime a “Powermaster” armor suit.
- Ironhide and Jazz become members of Team Prime.
- Omega Supreme has a hard time fitting in on Cybertron as people view him as a weapon of mass destruction. Omega decides to dedicate himself to saving lives.
- The Decepticons attack the Energon farm Bulkhead came from. Obsidian leads the attack. A later raid sees Team Prime sans Bumblebee fight Strika’s Team Charr.
- Sentinel gets played by Megatron, first leading the Elite Guard on a wild goose chase then distracting everyone with a public trial.
- Rattrap (here named Rattletrap) is Megatron’s defence attorny. He gets Megatron off all charges.
- Megatron launches Trypticon Prison into space.
- Optimus (using the Powermaster armour) leads his team on Omega Supreme in pursuit. Bulkhead stays behind on Cybertron to fix the damage Trypticon launching caused.
- Omega VS Trypticon leads to Omega being damaged and remaining in ship mode.
- Optimus and crew (minus Ratchet) break into Trypticon prison and knock the rocket city’s power offline by overloading the power grid.
- Megatron throws his soldiers into the city’s reactor in a desperate bid to keep the prison powered (Lugnut jumps in willingly)
- After a showdown with Optimus Prime, Trypticon prison crashes to Earth – landing on top of Dinobot Island.
A huge thanks to the TFNation crew for organising this event, Marty Isenberg for sharing this with those in attendance and the entire Transformers Animated voice cast for reuniting to reprise their roles.
The performance was presented in aid of Mary’s Meals. You can donate to this good cause at www.marysmeals.org.uk/donate