Over the last few days TFNation have been on a bit of a roll announcing guests who will be attending their 2019 show. We’ve got six comic-related guest announcements to share with you, including:
- James Roberts, writer of such fan-favourite (and award-winning) comics as Last Stand of the Wreckers, More than Meets the Eye and Lost Light.
- Nick Roche, co-writer of Last Stand of the Wreckers, and writer of the sequels Sins of the Wreckers and Requiem of the Wreckers, as well as the unpublished Transformers: Universe anthology series, “the best series IDW never published” (Sol Fury, 2018). Nick has also done artwork for many of IDW’s series and is currently working on covers for the new ongoing Transformers series.
- Jack Lawrence, the artist who brought Lost Light to life, as well as artist on other series such as Skylanders, TMNT, Dr Who, Sinister Dexter, and IDW’s Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Kei Zama, the artist who brought the Optimus Prime series to life with her unique, 2000AD inspired art style. You may also have seen her work in the pages of Marvel’s Scarlet Witch, IDW’s G.I. Joe series and even 2000AD’s own ABC Warriors Free Comic Book Day issue in 2017.
- John-Paul Bove, coulourist on series such as Transformers: Devastation, Drift: Empire of Stone, and ReGeneration One, as well as Hachette’s Transformers: The Definitive Collection series of reprints of the Marvel UK stories originally published in black and white.
- And, last but not least, the godfather of the Transformers mythos himself, Simon Furman! Simon Furman is closely associated with all things Transformers from the very start, including many of the fondly remembered Marvel UK stories like Target: 2006 and Time Wars, as well as the concluding issues of the Marvel US series that expanded on the Unicron mythos. That’s to say nothing of his post-Generation One work which includes the 12 issues Generation Two series, many issues for Dreamwave including the War Within, the entire foundational story arcs of IDW’s recently concluded continuity, the aforementioned ReGeneration One, and the series finale of Beast Wars.
TFNation 2019 will be taking place over the weekend of 16 – 18 August 2019 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole in Birmingham in England. Alongside Simon Furman, James Roberts, Nick Roche, Jack Lawrence, Kei Zama and John-Paul Bove attendees can meet voice actors Gregg Berger (Generation 1 Grimlock, Jetfire, Long Haul and more), Peter Spellos (Robots in Disguise Sky-Byte) and further guests yet to be revealed. Panels will include a special look at rare, unreleased and never-before-seen Transformers merchandise. Check out the TFNation homepage for more information and to pre-register.