Via Loopaza Megastore, we have a look at this month’s Figure King Magazine. Transformers gets a massive amount of focus this month, with over 40 pages of coverage all told, thanks to the combination of next month’s launch of Bumblebee’s solo movie in Japan and this month’s Tokyo Toy Show. There’s a lot of show and plenty to enjoy, including:
- A large celebration of the Bumblebee movie and focus on the toys for the movie.
- A celebration of Bumblebee as a character including the dozens of Bumblebee toys released over the last 35 years – including the recognition of Armada Hot Shot as Bumblebee’s “missing link”.
- A showcase of the other new toys from Tokyo Toy Show, including Siege Jetfire and Brunt, Studio Series Dark of the Moon Megatron, and MP-45 Bumble version 2.
- A showcase of licensed Transformers merchandise including Kaiyado’s Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech Optimus Prime and ThreeA’s Blitzwing.
- Some preview panels of the upcoming Mazinger Z vs Transformers manga.
- And perhaps most impressive of all, an interview that includes many images of early Transformers and Diaclone prototypes. There’s some familiar ones like Optimus Prime and Metroplex and some stuff we’ve never seen before like a triple changer Cessna aircraft that turns into a construction vehicle as well as a robot.