Another day, another dollar. Actually, several million dollars for Hasbro.
TFW2005 attended live for the Hasbro 2018 4th Quarter and Full Year Financial Call to gather information regarding our beloved Transformers Franchise.
During the main event, Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner stated that Transformers and other toy related stuff will be showcased at the upcoming New York Toy Fair 2019 (which our staff will also attend). However, during the Q&A Session, he stated the following:
- Hasbro Toy Shop will be merged with Hasbro Pulse. The initiative will be showcased at the aforementioned Toy Fair.
- Acknowledged the Transformers Fandom as one of the best for Hasbro.
- Transformers toy sales were up for the 4th Quarter of 2018.
Transformers: Bumblebee Movie
- Mr. Goldner stated that Transformers: Bumblebee made the Transformers Franchise re-engage with families.
- Hasbro is very happy with the critical success of Bumblebee.
- Transformers: Bumblebee is very profitable for Hasbro as well.
- Home Release will be available on 2019 1st Quarter.
Future Transformers Live Action Movies:
- Brand new Transformers films (yes, ‘films’ in plural) are now in development.
- Hasbro is working closely with Jim Gianopulos and his team at Paramount for the new movies.
We will bring you more information, straight from Toy Fair, next weekend. Stay tuned with TFW2005 for the best coverage around.