The Transformers Trading Card Game wants YOU to be their next Graphic Designer!
We’re looking for an extraordinary Graphic Designer to help us find and execute the best ways to graphically represent the Transformers TCG in the cards and packaging. The right person for this role will consistently apply intense attention to detail to determine the best ways to visually communicate, innovate, and create within the finite space of cards and packaging.DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Create new Transformers TCG packaging, card frames, symbols, and designs
- Contribute to the design of Transformers TCG graphical representation
- Review and approve packaging, card art and card frames at various stages of their completion
- Assorted other graphic design and art management tasks as assigned
Read the rest of the job description below, apply here and then join in the discussion on the 2005 boards!
Other Essential Qualities:
- Are you excited about contributing to the design and production of new Transformers TCG sets?
- Are you able to scour graphic and artistic elements to ensure consistency and correctness of visual information?
- Do you have top- notch, proactive verbal and written communication skills?
- Are you committed to flexible thinking and finding creative, efficient solutions?
- Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
- Takes direction from the Transformers TCG Art Director
- Works closely with Story & Worlds Team
- Works closely with Imaging and Typesetting Teams
- Communicates regularly with Game Designers, Editors, Brand Managers, and Project Managers
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Do you work well with others? Are you a great collaborator?
- Can you respect the opinions of others while promoting a shared vision?
- Do you enjoy working and thrive without constant oversight?
- Are you adept at balancing aesthetic and production considerations?
- Can you keep the important details in focus while guiding the larger project to on-time completion?
- Are you familiar with the materials and manufacturing processes related to consumer packaging/products?
- Does your design work engage consumers while maintaining focus on meeting brand goals?
- Are you comfortable communicating storylines using modern commercial illustration as your medium?
- Either of the following two areas of knowledge are preferred:
- Are you a fan of gaming (big plus for tabletop gaming!)?
- Are you a fan of Transformers – (big plus for G1 or Generations!)?
- Can you use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign like a pro? Microsoft office? FileMaker Pro familiarity a big plus.
- Are you proficient and up-to-date with current design practices and trends?
- Do you give useful, actionable feedback to coworkers?
- Link to online portfolio at time of application submission required.
- Have you been a graphic designer for 2 or more years with experience in illustration, icon and packaging design?
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Product Development, Supply, Creative, Research, Operations
Date: Jan 2, 2019
Requisition ID: 9359