Courtesy of SyFy, we have a panel live stream from New York Comic Con 2018 for our fans to enjoy the Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel.
Transformers Bumblebee Movie & Generations Toys Sneak Peek
October 04, 2018, 11:45 AM – 12:15 PM
NYCC Live Stage – Booth 174 – Javits Center
There is always MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE when Transformers arrives at NYCC…and on December 21st when the Bumblebee movie hits the big screen! Check in to see the new toys based on the theatrical release as well as enjoy a nostalgic nod to the ‘80’s with a look at the original G1 toys hitting shelves again 34 years later! Surprises are in store with reveals of new STUDIO SERIES and GENERATIONS: WAR FOR CYBERTRON toys directly from the Hasbro design and marketing team!
You can check out the stream, after the jump. We will also summarize the stream for those unable to see it.
Due to technical difficulties, the stream was not broadcast as planned, therefore our summary is not as detailed as we’d have liked – but the big headline is that we are getting TITAN CLASS OMEGA SUPREME as a part of the Siege line. That’s the main takeaway from this panel – a big thanks to @Tommypapers35 on Twitter who shared some captures of the prototype John Warden brought out in the panel.
Don’t forget to stick with TFW2005 for our coverage after the panel. As always, we will bring to you the best scoop and crisp clear photos thanks to our staff team on the show floor.
John Warden from Hasbro attended the panel, making his entrance wearing a Bumblebee helmet.
- They showed off the Press Box we received.
- Toys hitting shelves this week (or they’re already out, as you might know from our sightings reports… )
- Studio Series advertised as having more movie accuracy than the Energon Igniters etc.
- “Lots more to be seen” for the scene set on Cybertron in the Bumblebee Movie. John Warden feels the tone of the Bumblebee movie gives him “all the feels”, that it harkens back to the original show. Trailers have shown a fair bit but still more to be shown, and a few moments are in the film that made the Hasbro team cry. Feel that Travis Knight “gets it”.
- Talks about how Transformers is becoming a family franchise, with older fans introducing their children to the franchise.
- Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee was shown. “The true authentic vehicle”, includes die-cast. Available from Amazon now.
- The Hasbro showroom also has some additional Energon Igniters figures of Blitzwing and Shatter.
Generation 1 reissues
- G1 reissues are on display. Focus was given to Starscream and Devastator.
- Reissued in honor of the new film. Authentic retro packaging. Available now at Wal-Mart.
- “They’re out if your parents threw out your collection in the 90s”
- Drift, who is Studio Series 36, was shown off.
- He’s a repainted The Last Knight Deluxe Drift, with a new sword and a new head sculpt. More accurate paint job.
- Comes with all three baby Dinobots.
- Backdrop is the junkyard from TLK.
- John Warden showed a hardcopy prototype of the tank mode of a Titan Class Omega Supreme – who will also come with Micromaster Countdown. Images attached to this post care of @Tommypapers35 on Twitter. The tank mode opens up to reveal a bay that Countdown can ride around in.
- Shockwave also got some love, shown in the classic “All Are Dead” pose. Called “the most Generation 1 homage” they’ve ever done. Emphasized the removable armor to give him the pure Generation 1 look, but also the ability to weaponise Shockwave.
- Siege is taking “articulation to the next level”.