If there was any award a movie would rather lose, it’s the Golden Raspberry Awards (Razzies for short).
Even though Transformers: The Last Knight received nominations for the most number of Razzies during their 38th edition, the movie failed to “win” any one of them. As we predicted, we can thank The Emoji Movie for being the worst movie of 2017.
Speaking of which, despite the fact that Sony’s Emoji Movie was on this year’s list of nominations, quite a lot of media outlets decided to point out Transformers: The Last Knight among the list of nominees. A quick Google search would unearthed that fact. Bit of a biased behavior, but being nominated ever since Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen came out, may have been a contributing factor.
In addition to being nominated for the Worst Picture, the movie was nominated for Poisonous Performance by an Actor (Mark Wahlberg), Worst Supporting Actor (Josh Duhamel, Sir Anthony Hopkins), Worst Supporting Actress (Laura Haddock), Worst Sequel, Worst Director (Michael Bay), Worst Screen Combo (Any Combination of Two Humans, Two Robots, or Two Explosions) and The Worst Screenplay. We are happy to announce that TLK did not managed to win any of it.
You can take a look at the full list of “winners” for this year, after the jump.
The Golden Raspberry Awards 2018 (38th Edition)
- Worst Picture: The Emoji Movie (Columbia) – Michelle Raimo Kouyate
- Worst Director: Tony Leondis – The Emoji Movie
- Worst Actor: Tom Cruise – The Mummy as Nick Morton
- Worst Actress: Tyler Perry – Boo 2! A Madea Halloween as Mabel “Madea” Simmons
- Worst Supporting Actor: Mel Gibson – Daddy’s Home 2 as Kurt Mayron
- Worst Supporting Actress: Kim Basinger – Fifty Shades Darker as Elena Lincoln
- Worst Screen Combo: Any two obnoxious emojis – The Emoji Movie
- Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: Fifty Shades Darker (Universal/Focus Features)
- Worst Screenplay: The Emoji Movie – Tony Leondis, Eric Siegel and Mike White; based on the trend of emojis