2005 Boards Member Optimus423 is bringing us a new Toys’R’Us listing for Transformers Live Action Movie based toys that will hit the shelves in 2018.
The list consists of items belonging to Studio Series, Bumblebee: The Movie as well as several possible TRU exclusives for the year.
Transformers: Studio Series
- 39360 – Generations Studio TRA LDR – $49.99
- 40374 – TRA Studio Series VOY – $29.99
- 39449 – TRA Energon Igniters PWRPLS – $12.99
- 140788 – TRA Energon Igniters Nitro – $19.99
- 140950 – TRA Energon Igniters PWR – $9.99
- 141140 – TRA Energon Igniters SPD – $5.99
Possible New Toys’R’Us Exclusive Items
- 40846 – EX TRA Seeker Thundercracker – $29.99 (DC has 978 on order)
- 40765 – EX TRA Rebekah Garage – $29.99 (Bumblebee movie)
- 141434 – EX TRA Optimus Starscream Set – $24.99
- 141450 – EX TRA Street Racer – $16.99
- 156569 – EX TRA Autobot Masterpiece – $99.99
- 39988 – TRA MV6 Hero Vision Mask – $49.99 (Bumblebee movie)
- 40172 – TRA Premier DLX – $19.99 (Studio series/BB movie Deluxe?)
- 40293 – TRA Role Play WPN – $19.99
- 141205 – TRA Voice Mask – $34.99
Check the links that I provided.
Clearly you haven't been paying attention.
There's also TF: Prime Starscream that we didn't get a repaint into Thundercracker and Skywarp. In Japan, yes but as Smitty put it they don't count since he's only talking Hasbro. So yeah, Smitty, what are you talking about? Only two recent releases (FOC and "Combiner Wars") Starscreams have been given all three. I don't see it happening in PoTP, cause it totally makes no sense to do it and wouldn't fit into their two voyager allotment unless they add one at the end of the line. Maybe the next line will give us a Skywarp/Thundercrack, maybe it'll be an exclusive or con exclusive. Maybe. Either way, you're totally wrong and that's all that matters for me.
Yes there's 2 listed. 1 for sure is TF1 2007 deco judging by the blurry/dark pics that leaked weeks back. The other is presumably ROTF tattoo deco
It's also not Hasbro. So an addendum to my above statement would be "… from Hasbro."
to be fair, in the RID line, we recently got a Starscream and Skywarp, but no Thundercracker.
also, oddly enough, the Takara exclusive Cloud Line gave us Starscream and Hellwarp, but no Thundercracker.
and via Funpub we have Shattered Glass Starscream and Thundercracker, but no Skywarp.
and yes one could say those dont count as "G1" but they're g1 inspired, so it's G1 enough for me.
Have you been paying attention?
As of 2009 every G1 Starscream has been repainted in the Thundercracker and Skywarp. Granted some took a while to come out and were spread out over a few years but we did get them.
Some minor updates. Doing this from memory, didn’t any of this down this time:
1. As IceConvoy has confirmed, the $99 MP figure is in fact the listing for MPM Ironhide. Other than the Ironhide placeholder pic, the description of the item changes to “TRA MV6 MASTERPIECE IRON HIDE” within Product Lookup.
2. The “40293 – TRA Role Play WPN“ item is associated with the previously unveiled “Bee Vision” trademark, as the Bee Vision logo is used as the placeholder image. So definitely Bumblebee movie related.
3. The “40172 – TRA Premier DLX“ item number is for the Bumblebee Movie deluxe figures, the item description in Product Lookup changes to “TRA MV6 PREMIER DELUXE”. It appears as though there were around 13 UPCs associated with it.
Tend to agree. That Nitro Zeus mold is perfect for Thunderwing, and they do have the metal Titan master to use with it, which could probably get by the exclusivity by making it in plastic.
That Titan master looks absolutely perfect on it too. Though maybe they have something planned in the future for that, no clue. Like how they did Orion Pax with transformers animated influences/Marvel comic influences with the two pack, but then did evolution leader class prime as G1 animation War Dawn accurate Orion Pax.
Isn't there a new voyager starscream in the movie studio line? The exclusive thundercracker could be that mould also.
These listings do all seem to be movie toys as well.
I just hope for the next Toy Fair there will reveal a couple Studio Series figures we don't know about. Just probably part of wave 3.
I don't expect him or Skywarp at all. Makes no sense having them, we'll probably get them in the next line as Targetmasters or whatever.
That would just leave Skywarp.
I expect Thundercracker will be a POTP repaint.
so…. i'm secretly hoping it IS the nitro zeus mold, but with that takara ghost starscream TM head
You do realize that most of the figures you listed came out almost 3 years ago, right?
If it's movieverse related, then hopefully TC is the new Starscream Voyager mold (with a head to resemble his 07 Voyager movie release). But Nitro Zeus's mold wouldn't be too bad either.
It just doesn’t make a lot of sense for a new Thundercracker to come out right as we get a new Starscream mold and not use it. I mean I would but and like a Thundercracker repaint of Nitro, but I’d much rather have him be from the mold he was designed to be.
Unless the intent is to change the individual seekers designs(which Generations as G1 does not), I’ve never understood the point of making one of the three and not making the other two. But, we’ve gotten 3 complete sets of Seekes in Generations, so the trend should continue hopefully.
The optimus starscream listing is actually for some sort of racing set not actual figures unfortunately.
The Thundercracker being the Nitro mold also isn't just wild speculation though, considering there is a placeholder image in the TRU system that shows a silhouette of the Nitro mold.
Althoug those placeholder images do sometimes end up not correlating with the final product. For example the Titan Masters listing used an image of the small static pose blind bag figures from a few years back.
Well im very interested in thundercracker and the optimus/starscream two pack
Rampant speculation aside I think nitro zues with the ghost starscream titan master head would make a sweet thundercracker. Here's hoping his tm is named buster
I hope Thundercracker uses the POTP mold. We’ve finally got a voyager seeker mold, don’t blow it Hasbro.