You may remember that Empire promised us an article on Transformers Cinematic Universe Writers’ Room. The article is out now and 2005 Boards Member Temenos was kind to scan it for all of us to read.
To sum things up:
- Michael Bay met with the writers of TFCU during the principal photography of 13 Hours: Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi.
- Ken Nolan, Art Marcum and Matt Holloway wrote the story for Transformers: The Last Knight.
- Every iteration, every era was considered for the Cinematic Universe.
- The story of TLK is a combination of Nolan’s pitch on a story based on Transformers and King Arthur and Marcum/Holloway’s story based on World War II. However, the article states that three stories were consolidated into the movie.
- The Bumblebee Movie story is set in 1980s.
- The Bumblebee Movie will have less robots and the main focus is [obviously] Bumblebee.
- The tone of The Bumblebee Movie is pitched for the younger audience it seems.
- An Animated prequel is in the works. The story takes place in Cybertron regarding the origin myth of the Transformers millions of years ago. Ant-Man writers are working on the project.
- Transformers movie set is ancient Rome is also in the works.
You can read more via the attached scans on this news post.
P.S: Additionally, we’ve included an image of the 6 Editors working on the new movie to be delivered in less than 5 weeks.