Rumble, eject! Operation: devastation.
First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside!
Rounding off the look at the Titans Return Wave 2 Legends, all of whom are minions of Soundwave, we have Rumble… Frenzy… the red one! (He’s called Rumble on the packaging like the original toy). Rumble’s two biggest contributions to Transformers lore is being the original Decepticon bully-boy and enforcer of Soundwave, and the starter of many needless arguments over if he’s the red one or not (RIBFIR – Tony Bacala). A small yet fearsome foe for the Autobots, when Rumble jumped into battle he did so with his devastating piledrivers which could split the ground asunder. As a remold of Titans Return Rewind, Rumble is a well done mold reuse, though elements like the boxy lower arms fit better with Rewind than Rumble. Still, overall Rumble is a great little toy, and the details on the device mode fit in well with Laserbeak and Ravage – making all three look like a sort of “Decepticon espionage operations team”. Check out the gallery for a good look at this Decepticon enforcer’s newest iteration.
- A fun little toy with three solid modes.
- Optional arm transformation for “piledrivers” is a bonus.
- Red and black deco looks very sharp, plus there are some nice details on the stickers for the device mode.
- Goes well as a set with Laserbeak and Ravage – particularly given how all three share a deco and details on the alternate modes giving them all a team vibe.
- Lower arms are boxy, and a little limited in their motion.
- Edges of the stickers seem to peel easily, especially the ones on the feet.
- All three toys in the assortment are mainly black meaning the set can feel a little samey – the better known blue Soundwave minion might have been a better choice to keep the assortment varied.