Ravage, eject! Operation: espionage.
One of the most iconic of Soundwave’s minions, Ravage has been a recurring character throughout the Transformers mythos since his introduction in Generation 1. From his beginnings as the snarling jaguar enforcer / espionage agent in Generation 1 to the latter appearances as a Predacon Secret Police agent, a Terrorcon drone, a lithe alien beast, and Megatron’s companion on the Lost Light, Ravage has been a mainstay of the Decepticons, frequently appearing alongside Soundwave. This new release reimagines Ravage as a part of the Titans Return line with a modern alternate mode and a third jet form. He’s a remold of the Autobot Stripes, with all the good and bad which comes with that. Check out the photoshoot linked below:
- Much better deco than Stripes, with an excellent head sculpt.
- Nice details on the tablet device mode.
- Can strike some nice catlike poses.
- Most of Stripes’ flaws remain – in particular the jaguar mode is too wide to be truly lithe like is usually associated with Ravage.
- The “wings” on the jaguar mode, while accurate to Stripes, are out of place on Ravage.
- It feels like both the jaguar and jet modes suffered to allow the toy to be a triple changer at the Legends pricepoint.