Griffin-of-oz has posted his initial report from Australia Toy Fair 2015 over at OzFormers. More information is coming later but here’s Griffin’s initial report:Photos later tonight, and the full report…. but some teaser info to get you interested and to send the global fansites into meltdown.
Generations Devastator on display with my Gen1 Devastator – BigW already signed up for June/July.
More JP Masterpiece coming this year – Gold bumblebee July, Convoy reissue, Tracks (not MP25), MP25 in Sept (I can’t reveal name before TakaraTomy), and two new “sports cars” for OCT & NOV.
Platinum edition – Myer will have Seeker pack and YOTG pair… while ToysRUs will have Insecticon pack, Perceptor/Blaster, Trypticon, aaaaand…. Dinobots. YES, Gen1 Dinobots multipack which I hope is all five.
JP Stinger still for this month, only at TRU though.
GEN Slingshot & Wildrider don’t exist (yet) for Hasbro Generations, but might next year as Combiners are going to be at least two years.
Leader Starscream for wave 4.
Hasbro MP Starscream is the second (MP11) version because fans wanted it.
Hasbro MP Bluestreak will be in July.
Toyworld’s cheaper prices were indeed just introductory prices from Hasbro.
Loyal Subjects w3 should be out in the next month.
That’s most of it. More later, probably after midnight though.
Meltdown commence! Stay tuned for more
EDIT: griffin has elaborated on the Mastepiece Transformers information:Australia will continue to be following Hong Kong’s lead and having both Hasbro and TakaraTomy Masterpiece toys at ToysRUs stores here.
The Japanese Masterpiece toys that SHOULD be coming this year (details and dates can change, and often do)…
– Gold bumblebee in around July,
– The Convoy reissue middle of the year,
– Tracks is NOT noted as MP-25 on the Hasbro Australia list, but maybe they have 25 and 26 mixed up, as Tracks was labelled as MP-25 in a recent Japanese Hobby magazine. If they are mixed up on this Australian list, then I know what MP-26 is.
– MP-25 (or 26 if the numbers were mixed up on the list) will be here in about Sept (I know what it is, but I can’t reveal the name before TakaraTomy announces it)
– two “sports cars” for OCT and NOV (the names haven’t be revealed to Hasbro Australia yet, as it is so far in the future, so I have no idea if they
are new moulds… but with three new moulds already this year, I’d imagine that at least one is a redeco).
(please don’t bother asking me, or expect, any more information on the future Masterpiece toys, as I am not expecting updates before
TakaraTomy reveals the next few… and everything I am allowed to talk about is listed here already)