Last of the three comic previews from Nerdspan is the full preview of the Transformers 55. All Hail Optimus concludes in this issue, with the ramifications of that event in issue 54 taking center stage! Check out the full preview attached to this post, and be sure to pick up the issue when it hits the stands in the next couples of weeks.
Second from Nerdspan is the preview of next week’s More than Meets the Eye 55, which is the concluding part of The Dying of the Light. It’s a final showdown between the surviving members of the Lost Light crew and the assembled forces of the DJD, Overlord, and Deathsaurus’ Decepticons. Who can possibly survive against such overwhelming odds? You’ll need to pick the issue up this coming Wednesday to find out!
Full previews for three upcoming Transformers comics have gone up on Nerdspan, and we’re sharing them here for your interest and information! First up is the full preview of the upcoming Titans Return one-shot, which kicks off the crossover event that ties into the latest incarnation of the Generations toy line. Millions of years ago, Sentinel Prime was defeated by Megatron. Now he awakens into a world where Megatron is an Autobot, Optimus Prime annexed Earth, and Starscream rules Cybertron. To say he’s not impressed by this status quo is an understatement! Check out the full preview attached to this post, and be sure to check out the full one-shot this coming Wednesday.
IDW held a panel at SDCC today highlighting the future of their comic properties. The huge story arc titled Revolution will kick things off tying in all properties into one continuity. Some highlights from the panel (courtesy of Newsarama’s coverage):
- Revolution will bring all of IDW’s toy properties together: Transformers, G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K., Action Man, Rom, The Micronauts, and more.
- Revolution centers around Ore 13, you may remember this from past Transformers books.
- Mairghread Scott discussed Transformers: Til All Are One, mentioning that the Transformers will primarily crossover with the Micronauts during Revolution.
James Roberts took to Twitter as well to clear some details up regarding the fate of More Than Meets The Eye:
- The MTMTE Revolution tie-in is written by Roberts and Nick Roche . The Last Stand Of The Wreckers team reunited after six years!
- MTMTE will be called TRANSFORMERS: LOST LIGHT. It will be “MTMTE” season 3 with a new title.
- There will be SPOILERS floating about that will spoil the ending of Dying Of The Light. Comics Alliance has coverage of these reports. READ AT YOUR OWN SPOILERS-RISK.
- Jack Lawrence and Alex Milne will both be working on the new book, providing artwork on alternating arcs.
- Colors will be handled by Joana Lafuente.
In addition to Roberts’s discussions on Twitter, Comics Alliance sat down with him for an interview in which they discuss the future of MTMTE (and SPOILERS):
- Scavengers will be featured in the MTMTE tie-in with Revolution in an Earth-based story.
- No plans for the main cast of MTMTE to travel to Earth post-Revolution.
- Numbering and name changes don’t affect past, present, or future parts of the story.
- Season 3 will take everyone in strange directions.
- Movie-inspired stories have been on the back burner and Roberts hopes to implement them into the new series organically.
- No remorse for making fans cry over Chromedome and Rewind.
Mairghread Scott was also interviewed about Till All Are One and Windblade and where she fits into all of this:
- Iacon the only habitable city on Cybertron currently.
- Scott wants to tell the story from different points of view such as Onslaught and Starscream in addition to Windblade.
- Till All Are One is about the messiness of people from all walks of life.
- Trying to build new stories that feel real enough to readers without being “too” real or too close to actual current events.
2005 Board member D-Drive has sent over the Diamond Comics Shipping list for next Wednesday, July 27th. On tap for our beloved Transformers is the following:
TRANSFORMERS MORE THAN MEETS EYE #55 (also shipping ROM & 1-in-10 variant covers)
(W) James Roberts (A/CA) Alex Milne
The battle against the DECEPTICON JUSTICE DIVISION is finally over, and for the few AUTOBOTS left standing, all that’s left are words. Four words, to be precise. Four terrible words, millions of years old, that gave the DECEPTICONS their name.
An unexpected ending? Or the most unexpected ending?
The crew of the Lost Light has never seen higher stakes!
Setting the stage for TITANS RETURN-and beyond!
Part of IDW’s month-long variant cover program, celebrating the return of ROM!
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN (ONE SHOT) (also shipping subscription cover)
(W) Mairghread Scott & Various (A/CA) Livio Ramondelli
THE LAST AUTOBOT! Once he ruled CYBERTRON with a brutal (and literal) iron fist… left for dead four million years ago, SENTINEL PRIME is back. But in a world where STARSCREAM rules CYBERTON, OPTIMUS PRIME has invaded Earth, and MEGATRON is an AUTOBOT-SENTINEL doesn’t like what he sees!
The story continues in TRANSFORMERS #56 and MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #56 next month, and expands to TILL ALL ARE ONE this fall!
For the first time ever-Scott, Roberts, and Barber working together on one story!
Plus the powerful noir art of superstar Livio Ramondelli!
After OPTIMUS is hailed; after the LIGHT dies… the next phase of TRANSFORMERS comics starts here!
Apple’s iBooks service has updated with another short preview of an upcoming Transformers comic. This time, it’s the turn of More than Meets the Eye issue 55, the concluding part of Dying of the Light. Spoilers and revelations abound in this brief preview – check it out attached to this post.
Transformers issue 55 and the finale of All Hail Optimus is just around the corner. Apple’s iBooks has uploaded a three page preview of the issue – showing Galvatron exercising all of the usual loyalty to his men that you’ve come to expect from the Decepticon commander. Check out the preview attached to this post.
PreviewsWorld have posted an interview with Fico Ossio, the artist for IDW’s upcoming Revolutions event. Talking about the job as being like “running down the stairs on Christmas morning”, this interview gives an insight into the background behind the project and the kind of work and passion going into it.
Check out the full interview over on PreviewsWorld.
A listing has been added to Amazon for a new Transformers Trade Paperback – or in this case, the moniker “collected comics” might be appropriate. This is for the awaited Transformers Classics UK Volume 6.
There’s scant details on what is in the volume – all we know is it is clocking in at 368 pages, and is due out in January 24, 2017. It will probably finish off the IDW reprints of the Marvel UK Transformers stories, though until we get a final confirmation of what is in, anything is possible. Watch this space for more information.