Amidst all the chaos this last week at San Diego Comic Con 2017, TFW2005 met up with Hasbro Designers John Warden and Lenny Panzica for a short interview about what was just revealed, the future of the Generations line, the current movie line, and Robots in Disguise as a whole, and a few specific queries regarding design choices! We’ve transcribed the interview from start to finish, and it can be read in full after the jump. Enjoy!
The majority of the fun for the Transformers brand at SDCC 2017 is over, but we still have a handful of images left to check out! Our news crew has gone back to snap some pics of the highly-anticipated Leader Dragonstorm from the Transformers The Last Knight movie line. Here you can see the two robots that form the three-headed dragon standing behind them, and get a bit of an idea of scale as movie masterpiece Bumblebee stands just a few inches away.
Check out the images after the jump!
The SDCC 2017 Hasbro Transformers panel has ended, but the pictures sure haven’t! Check out the images of figures from this morning’s Preview Breakfast on display at the Hasbro booth!
Welcome to the SDCC 2017 Hasbro Product Panel! Our news crew is on the scene and will be relaying info to us throughout the panel. This post will be updated as we receive info from our team.
- Machinima on panel
- Megatron (voiced by Welker) interrupted video
- Sent Decepticons to buy SDCC toys etc.
- Decepticons (Megatron) taking over Transformers Twitter
- Soundwave live tweeting
- Mega 1-step turbo changer Dragonstorm
- All turbo changers have hidden fire deco revealed by Dragonstorm’s light (like he’s breathing fire on them)
- Premiere TLK now
- Wave 2 Leader Dragonstorm being shown now
- Showing the development process
- Megatron interrupting again, whining about Starscream
- Showing Leader Megatron now
- Development process of Megatron
- Voyager Nitro Wave 3 being shown now
- Development process for Nitro shown off, CAD and gray models etc.
- Showing Deluxe Wave 4 Cogman now
- Cogman vehicle mode fits two titanmasters
- Wave 3 Bumblebee deluxe shown now (movie-accurate version)
- Showing development again
- Movie Masterpiece now
- Showing Optimus prime
- Diecast parts, articulated fingers
- Most accurate 2007 version ever created
- Showing development process now
- Onto Generations
- 2018 last chapter of Prime Wars Trilogy
- Optimus Primal is promotional image on Power of the Primes
- Optimus Primal will be holder of Matrix of Leadership
- Talking about the story now
- 12 Primes
- Prime Masters hold power, even the spark, of original 12
- Liege Maximo comes with Dreadwind
- Cards come with each figure to expand on what each Prime Master’s power is
- “Prime cards” 12 to collect
- Pretenders are now Decoy suits
- Prime Masters hide in Decoy suits and they can transform
- Beachcomber legends class
- Deluxe Dreadwind
- Wave 2 Blackwing (Darkwing’s new name)
- Combine in jet form to form Dreadwing
- Deluxe Wave 1 Jazz
- Voyager Wave 1 Starscream
- G1 IDW mixed style
- Leader Wave 1 Rodimus Prime
- Figure is Hot Rod, then combines with trailer to become Rodimus Prime
- Prime Masters connect like mini-cons to all size classes
- Legends – they drive
- Deluxes/Voyagers – head
- Leader – matrix
- looks same as TR
- Onto Machinima
Machinima (Titans Return Series):
- In production
- Starts where CW left off
- First titan to show up on Cybertron to wreak havoc is Trypticon
- Optimus, Megatron, and Windblade have to resurrect ancient ally to help
- Demo reel now
- No new animation, just new voices and actors being like OMG
- Show premieres November
- 10 episodes, 11 minutes long each
- Megatron interrupts again
- Trypticon cereal joke
- Made it a poster (giveaway at booth!)
- Cereal poster folds into box
- Onto Hascon
- Winners of HOF announced Sept. 8th
- HOF polls open on social
- Now convention exclusives (recap of SDCC)
- Megatron interrupts AGAIN
- Q&A now
- MP Beast Wars? Stay tuned.
- Someone wants a Bludgeon toy. “Stay tuned”. Teasing as decoy suit.
- Decepticons in MP movie line? Stay tuned.
- Remaining combiners? We hear you. Stay tuned.
- No plans for new Nautica mold
- Plans for that new Starscream mold? “Next question” with laughs
- Siege on Cybertron set, more were ordered
- Hasbro aware of Trypticon hip issue, seems isolated, engineering looking into it
- Q&A and panel over
- All and maybe more shown off at booth soon
Thanks for tuning into TFW’s annual coverage of Hasbro’s SDCC panel!
Good morning, Transformers fans! The SDCC 2017 Preview Breakfast has started and our crew is on the scene! There’s much to see, so take the jump to check out the pics!
… and what do we have here?
Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy
- Beachcomber (Titanmaster can drive vehicle mode)
- Dreadwing (Combiner Wars Skydive retool)
- Darkwind (Combiner Wars Air Raid retool)
Dreadwing and Darkwind combine into a larger superjet.
- Rodimus Prime (Removalable Matrix, Deluxe Hot Rod inside)
Transformers: Robots In Disguise
- Combiner Force Crash Combiner Primelock (Optimus Prime + Grimlock)
- Combiner Force Crash Combiner Saberclaw (Saberhorn + Bisque)
Transformers: The Last Knight
- Deluxe Class Hot Rod
- Deluxe Class Cogman
- Voyager Class Decepticon Nitro
- Leader Class Megatron
- Leader Class Dragonstrom
- Legion Class Combiner Infernocus
Movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime
More information about the figures can be found after the jump. We will be updating the post regularly.
Last but not least, we have some more beautiful shots of another upcoming licensed statue piece, Beast Wars Megatron from Prime 1 Studio! Check out the pics from our news crew after the jump!
3A is also on the scene at Comic Con with their upcoming statues of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Sqweeks from the new Transformers film, The Last Knight! Check out the pics after the jump!