Hasbro owned Boulder Media studio is initiating a new division to produce animated theatrical feature films. Currently catering to TV Media, the company is already expanding its capabilities to better serve its mother company.
The studio is planning to produce a 3D CGI movie based on a ‘well established Hasbro property‘ as their first project.
Now, this could very well apply to any of the plethora of properties owned by Hasbro such as Transformers, My Little Pony, G. I. Joe, Micronauts, M.A.S.K, Stretch Armstrong or even Play-Doh. However, with a plan of a Transformers Animated Movie set in the current Movieverse being talked about, there is a good chance that this first project may very well be it. If not, it can still be a possibility for a future project by Boulder Media.
It was stated (by the Writers’ Room) that the Animated Movie takes place in Cybertron regarding the origin myth of the Transformers millions of years ago.
If you wish to join this 3D CGI movie (and has the capability) as a CGI Supervisor, the job offering can be found after the jump. The movie (whatever it may be) is to be finalized within 2 years’ time.
Additionally, you can join as a 2D Concept Designer for a Transformers Animated TV Series for an ongoing production by the same studio.
3D CG Supervisor For Feature Film Production
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented 3D CG Supervisor the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first 3D CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.
The 3D CG Supervisor will play a vital role in building the new studio pipeline along with the rest of the team.
The 3D CG Supervisor will bring their expertise to the technical aspects of the project while working in collaboration with the production team. As such, they serve as a key member of the project’s leadership team and help define Boulder’s pipeline. At the beginning, you will have an important role in the look development, raising the quality while ensuring the assigned areas of production have sufficient technical, capital and human resources to meet the deadline.
- Determine technical approaches needed to achieve desired look and behaviors for the production.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of industry best practices.
- Design and maintain the pipeline workflow with the dept. supervisors, production and technology teams.
- Give clear instructions to each department and set objectives while monitoring the production process, progress and results.
- Drive production meetings and assist in client meetings.
- Ready, willing and able to answer any questions from the production team.
- Identify and eliminate potential pipeline problems before they affect production.
- Minimum five years as a Technical Supervisor in feature animation or visual Effects.
- Extensive understanding of Maya and production tracking software.
- Thorough understanding of the various technical, pipeline and creative aspects for CG animation.
- A proven leader in setting direction for a production and for inspiring and motivating production staff.
- Knowledge of the post production process.
- Bonus: Experience working with PBR rendering.
- Bonus: Software development experience.
- Bonus: Familiar working in a Linux environment.
- Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.
- Job ID: 36318596
- Position Title: 3D CG Supervisor For Feature Film Production
- Company Name: Boulder Media
- Business Type: Animation Production
- Job Function: Artistic Production of Animation
- Location(s): Dublin, Ireland
- Posted: July 28, 2017
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: 1-2 Years
- Min Education: None
- Min Experience: 5-7 Years
- Required Travel: None