Hello and welcome to another TFW2005 event coverage! From this very moment, we are officially starting our annual New York Toy Fair coverage. You are joining with us today to read all about the Hasbro New York Toy Fair 2015 Investor Event. This event is hosted by Hasbro to give a Preview of what’s in store at the Toy Fair tomorrow for the Investors and Press. Our News Crew is over there at the Fair Grounds to bring you news and images as they happen. So, stay with us for the best Transformers news coverage from the Toy Fair grounds.
Right, first of all… the highlights:
- Transformers: Combiner Wars New Images And Information Revealed
- Transformers 5
- Allspark Pictures
- Transformers: Robots In Disguise Toyline & Animated Series
- Transformers: Rescue Bots Toyline & Animated Series
- New Hasbro initiative: Transformers360
- Inside look of the Hasbro NY Toy Fair 2015 Transformers Booth
NEW TITAN DEVASTATOR IMAGE!!!
For more details and images… You can read our entire coverage after the jump. Brian Goldner; President and Chief Executive Officer of Hasbro began the event, welcoming everyone to the Toy Fair Hasbro Booth.
Gave an introduction to Hasbro.
Presentation highlights :
- Hasbro : Creating Brand Experience.
- 2015 will improve upon what was already done.
- Revenue increased in 2014.
- Emerging markets grew in 2014.
- Grew across all geographic regions.
- Hoping to grow 25% by 2017.
- Media consumption is expected to grow.
- Power of Story. Creates meaning and power.
- China is expected to become the 2nd largest country for the movie industry.
- Discover Family (previously Hub) will still get programming. Hasbro will be providing the kids programming, but the new agreement with Discovery lets Hasbro also shop around their older kids programming to other networks (Cartoon Network)
- Transformers 5 pre-production has officially started.
- Jem And The Holograms releasing October 2015. Trailer shown to the audience.
- Allspark Pictures logo released. Allspark pictures will be the home of smaller-scale projects – big-budget projects will continue the partnership with major studios.
- Transformers brand has fans from preschoolers to adults.
John Frascotti entered the stage…
Presentation highlights :
- Showed the brand architecture.
- My Little Pony is highlighted this year. The brand grew 47% last year.
- MLP is Hasbro’s new Billion Dollar Brand. It’s clear that Transformers has lost the crown to MLP.
- Transformers next…
- Runs under 3 categories; Recruit (Ages 2 – 4), Engage (Ages 5 -10) and Expand (Ages 10+)
- Combiner Wars will have more than just toys. Will even bring t-shirts to the adults.
- New Rescue Bots toys revealed – High Tide, Salvage and Blurr. The show continues to do well and Hasbro plans to continue to invest in the line.
- Robots in Disguise is being called the new chapter for Transformers. More story, more humor – Hasbro says this one is all about the fun.
- Gave a sneak peek to the audience.
- New initiative “Transformers360”. This project is to make Transformers brand accessible at all times on multiple platforms ranging from Toys to Games.
- Combiner Wars also shown. The idea was to let the core size classes interact, and to play to the customisation angle of the line.
- Titan Davastator was also shown!
- The Fan Built Combiner will be revealed at San Diego Comic Con 2015.
We also learned that our good friend Marcelo Matere had done the pencil art for the Combiner Wars Devastator boxset.
Our News Crew is over there at the Fair Grounds to bring you news and images as they happen. Make sure you tune into TFW Network Sites tomorrow onwards for our full coverage of New York Toy Fair 2014.