TFW’s Generations Goldfire (Goldbug) Gallery Now Online

Goldfire-Robot-45

For our next gallery update we are sharing with you an advance look of one of the upcoming Transformers Generations Deluxe Class releases. Goldfire is an IDW comics pack-in strongly inspired by Generation 1 Throttlebot Goldbug, the upgraded and matured version of Bumblebee. As well as featuring a sharp deco, Goldfire features a head sculpt which draws inspiration from the original Goldbug’s head design.

Goldfire is a redeco of the Deluxe Bumblebee inspired by the IDW Comics Transformers Ongoing series. As mentioned, Goldfire features a new and, in this fan’s humble opinion, superior deco. In place of the too-bright yellow plastic is a nice deep golden plastic, with black and navy blue used on the robot mode as a contrast. The head is a brand new sculpt for this toy, and helps to give this mold its own identity as well as taking a few strong cues from the original Goldbug. Overall the look of the toy is superb, although it is the same base mold as the Generations IDW Bumblebee underneath, which had a few flaws which are present here too, such as limited lateral elbow motion and a large number of car parts hanging off the robot mode. That being said, if you passed on the earlier IDW Deluxe Bumblebee, then this is certainly the better version of the mold to check out.

Take a look at our gallery and see what you think for yourself:

Generations Deluxe Goldfire Gallery

1. Sol Fury's Avatar Sol Fury says

For our next gallery update we are sharing with you an advance look of one of the upcoming Transformers Generations Deluxe Class releases. Goldfire is an IDW comics pack-in strongly inspired by Generation 1 Throttlebot Goldbug, the upgraded and matured version of Bumblebee. As well as featuring a sharp deco, Goldfire features a head sculpt which draws inspiration from the original Goldbug's head design.

Goldfire is a redeco of the Deluxe Bumblebee inspired by the IDW Comics Transformers Ongoing series. As mentioned, Goldfire features a new and, in this fan's humble opinion, superior deco. In place of the too-bright yellow plastic is a nice deep golden plastic, with black and navy blue used on the robot mode as a contrast. The head is a brand new sculpt for this toy, and helps to give this mold its own identity as well as taking a few strong cues from the original Goldbug. Overall the look of the toy is superb, although it is the same base mold as the Generations IDW Bumblebee underneath, which had a few flaws which are present here too, such as limited lateral elbow motion and a large number of car parts hanging off the robot mode. That being said, if you passed on the earlier IDW Deluxe Bumblebee, then this is certainly the better version of the mold to check out.

Take a look at our gallery and see what you think for yourself:

Generations Deluxe Goldfire Gallery

Generations Goldfire Robot Mode

Generations Goldfire Car Mode

Generations Goldfire with blaster cannon - contrary to appearances, the blaster is not simply all one shade of blue plastic. The flames in the end are cast in translucent blue, with the rest of the cannons done in solid blue.

Goldfire KICK!!! - done without the assistance of a stand, his balance is that good!

Here is a better look at Goldfire's new head sculpt.

Generations Deluxe Goldfire and Bumblebee Comparison shot

Generations Deluxe Goldfire with Reveal the Shield Gold Bumblebee and my childhood Generation 1 Goldbug

Recreating classic Transformers scenes with Classics toys - with Classics Optimus Prime, Generations Blurr, Fall of Cybertron Blaster, Fall of Cybertron Steeljaw, Generations Kup and Generations Goldbug

2. j.a.f.o.'s Avatar j.a.f.o. says

It's probably because I'm not familiar at all with the IDW aesthetic that I've always thought of this mold as more miss than hit (ungainly proportions, dem clown feet, etc.).

3. the botmaster74's Avatar the botmaster74 says

I don't know why, but I am REALLY exited for this toy! It's even weirder when you consider that I already have the original! But I just love this version, so him and his wave are BOUGHT!

4. TattooedRobot's Avatar TattooedRobot says

Looks pretty good so far Hasbro's latest attempts have been better. Now that group shot on the other hand needs Mega Steel Blaster.

5. prime roller's Avatar prime roller says

Looks much nicer like this I think. I've been waiting for this one instead of the BB version.
    Who else is in the wave with Goldbug?

6. Sol Fury's Avatar Sol Fury says

Originally Posted by prime roller View Post
    Who else is in the wave with Goldbug?
    Dreadwing (G2 themed stealth Megatron redeco), Waspinator and Skids. I'm working on shots of Dreadwing and Waspinator at the moment. Skids will be a while since I got one with two left hips, I've got a replacement hip coming but can't do much on that one until it's in hand. Great toys all, Waspinator has a really killer look and nails the show design so very well.

7. MWG has no avatar! MWG says

I really hope this guy isn't at risk of suffering from GPS, since he is the version of the mold that will be on my Classics shelf. In my universe "Goldbug" is a cover ID after 'Bee gets a bounty put on him by the Decepticon "mafia".

+-MWG-+

8. Yggdrasil has no avatar! Yggdrasil says

You know I actually like the look of this guy MUCH more than the Bumblebee!

I think I just might pick it up and sell of my Bee.

9. Neuta's Avatar Neuta says

I like his grumpy little face, it must be the weight of all that responsibility poor Bee has to carry nowadays.

Cool photos! Was very pleasantly surprised by the Bee version of the mold (who I've repurposed as Metalhawk anyway), and you can fold the shoulder-doors down on the inside of his arms if you think he doesn't look right with wings. His combining weapon is fun as well. Will be on the lookout for this one!

10. There are more replies on The 2005 Boards.

Keep reading: TFW's Generations Goldfire (Goldbug) Gallery Now Online - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › TFW’s Generations Goldfire (Goldbug) Gallery Now Online Discussion