Takara-Tomy Masterpiece Soundwave Reissue in September 2013

t5UtmMBo_fbsPDFqlm1AvA

Here is the first of two “good news” stories for Masterpiece collectors – Masterpiece Soundwave is going to get a second run in Japan! The reissue is set for September 2013 and will be at the original price of 15,800 yen. This is great news if you wanted to pick up this definitive version of Generation 1 Soundwave and missed out on the first time. Don’t forget he is also coming to the US as a Toys R Us exclusive with all five of his cassettes later this year!

This news comes via a selection of retailers and Japanese blogs including our own sponsors Robot Kingdom!

1. Duomaxwell1017's Avatar Duomaxwell1017 says

Not sure if this is the right thread or not. C/O Robotkingdom's Facebook page Looks like Robotkingdom.com is getting a re-run of MP-13 Soundwave. I think its great for those who missed the original run of Soundwave, but I think there will be some tough competition with the Hasbro Soundwave.
    Heres the Link
    robotkingdom.com -- Online Toys Company Price of $134.90.
    Not sure how they are able to get it soo low.

2. alldarker's Avatar alldarker says

This is correct. There will be a re-issue of MP-13 Takara, at the original price. Should be released around September, October.

See also this!

TAKARATOMY 2013年9月再販: Transformers Master Piece MP-13 Soundwave 15,800Yen

3. opt1musaber's Avatar opt1musaber says

WTF, how did it decrease in price by that much. I might get another....

4. Spark Extractor's Avatar Spark Extractor says

anime export has him for 11060 Yen (about $112.00 usd). You pay now, but shipping is chosen and charged when its released.

Soundwave

p.s. they have smokescreen for preorder for about $46 usd + shipping

5. anubis20's Avatar anubis20 says

Good! this allows me to get another one since my 1st one was full of QC issues and this screws BBTS and their 147 units @ $230

6. MrFX's Avatar MrFX says

Aannnd down go the ebay prices for Soundwave. I'm so glad he's getting a re-release so people don't get jacked up into paying $230+ for him...now if they would just re-release MP-11...

7. BWfan86 has no avatar! BWfan86 says

Is robot kingdom reliable/ trustworthy? Never purchased anything from them

8. alldarker's Avatar alldarker says

I've pre-ordered one... What I'm really REALLY hoping for is that in this re-run, Soundwave will be packaged in alt-mode! That would save a huge amount of packaged air, which seemed a huge waste to me in the first run.

Also, and more importantly to me personally, it makes the package a little less conspicuous when it goes through customs!

9. ShockWave77's Avatar ShockWave77 says

Originally Posted by Spark Extractor View Post

Soundwave

p.s. they have smokescreen for preorder for about $46 usd + shipping
    how much will shipping be to USA?

10. HolyCulture's Avatar HolyCulture says

I just ordered SW and the cassettes from BBTS. What kind of QC problems are you talking about? I haven't heard anything so far.

11. There are more replies on The 2005 Boards.

Keep reading: Robotkingdom to have re-run of MP-13 Soundwave!! - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › Takara-Tomy Masterpiece Soundwave Reissue in September 2013 Discussion