Snakas has posted a summary of the Transformers news from Figure King 184, which we had previously seen scans from earlier this week. Some great news regarding the future of the Masterpiece series as well as the future of the Encore reissues is contained within:
- Masterpiece Prowl and Bluestreak are delayed due to retailer orders greatly exceeding what Takara-Tomy expected them to be, and them going back to manufacture more of each.
- Masterpiece Smokescreen will be significantly different in design and will be announced soon.
- Takara-Tomy are continuing to approach manufacturers who they do not have rights to use the vehicles of – you might get your VW Bumblebee or your Porsche Jazz yet folks!
- There seems to be an announcement planned for the Tokyo Toy Show on 15-16 June. Masterpiece Smokescreen, or perhaps the rumored MP-20?
- Encore Fortress Maximus sold beyond expectations, and it is hoped that reissues will continue on the back of this.
- Masterpiece Tiger Track will be a Tokyo Toy Show exclusive and will include non-chromed versions of the Amazon exclusive piledrivers.
- Confirmation is also included that Generations Japan Metroplex will have two guns and a different deco to the US, but no word on what that might be.
Many thanks to Snakas for posting the original summary and REMINATOR & MACRAPTRON for bringing it to our attention and translating!