Transformers 4 will be in 3D

Transformers4DecepticonLogo

Michael Bay’s official Twitter account has tweeted a confirmation that Transformers 4 will be filmed in 3D. This confirms what many of us probably already took for granted, after Dark of the Moon proved to be a veritable tour de force of what 3D can do; however to have it confirmed by the man himself is always reassuring.

1. barrelks's Avatar barrelks says

Good, while I haven't seen a ton of movies in 3D, that was one thing that I think Bay did really well in TF3, and it was pretty impressive.

2. Bumblethumper's Avatar Bumblethumper says

There are types of films that really benefit from the technology and transformers is one of them.

Certain shots in DOTM were just mind-bogglingly good in 3d.

3. dragon's Avatar dragon says

had no choice to see 3 in 3d after 4rth time i was impressed by it being in 3d but i will still number 4 in 2d 3d still not thing very overrated now jurrasic park 1 is going 3d same with starwars episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6

4. barrelks's Avatar barrelks says

^Yea, but there seems to be huge difference between converted 3D and filmed in 3D (at least on the few things I have seen in each).

For me, I was sold when they rolled up on the Wreckers working on the spaceship and the depth it really added in that scene.

5. TylerMirage's Avatar TylerMirage says

Providing it's being filmed in "true" 3D, then I'm all for it. A franchise like Transformers is made for 3D.

I still like a good 2D version as well, especially since a lot of people don't care for 3D or don't handle it well, I think having both methods is beneficial.

6. Starscreamownz's Avatar Starscreamownz says

Considering 3D forces Bay to pay more attention to the duration and kinetic energy of the shots I'm all for it. DOTM had some of the best cinematography in the trilogy I've ever seen.

Keep reading: Confirmed: TF4 will be filmed in 3D - Page 2