By way of a Japanese image board we have a look at the Transformers-related pages of one of the new Japanese hobby magazines. These scans give us our first look at some of the upcoming April release Transformers including our first-ever look at Takara-Tomy’s Beast Hunters, Transformers Go! The decos on Takara-Tomy’s toys are a departure from the US ones – from these scans we can see that:
- Optimus Prime sports blue chest windows and a blue-bladed Star Saber, rather than the green on the US version.
- Wheeljack, Starscream and Bulkhead, while keeping their armored looks and new accessories, feature more show-accurate paint jobs.
- Soundwave looks very purple / royal blue, much darker than his usual coloration.
- Shockwave sports black snap-on armor, rather than red
- Predaking and Bumblebee seem largely unaltered from their US releases.
- These toys do not come with Arms Microns and seem to be largely pure redecos of their US releases.
The Transformers Go! EZ Collection is also showcased. In addition to Smokescreen and Airachnid from the Beast Hunters Cyberverse the Reveal the Shield / Universe Legends Prowl, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee, Hound and Megatron toys are being given a fresh release, some with more tweaks to their paint decos than others. Megatron is the stand out – he features a deco inspired by the unreleased Combat Hero Megatron redeco from Generation 2.
There is also some showcasing of the Generations Data Disks along with Masterpiece Prowl and Streak, but nothing that has not been seen previously.
Read on to check out our mirror of the images.