Transformers 4 confirmed to be filming in Chicago

2011_transformer_dark_of_the_moon_005

There have been rumblings of various Transformers 4 filming locations of late, but now a location has come forward, confirmed. Chicago, according to Chicago Reel, is going to be a filming location – and according to their information, based on projected film dates of July to October and Transformers 4 star Mark Wahlberg looking for a four month house rental, we could be looking at Chicago being the main filming location for Transformers 4. With Transformers 4 being set 4 years after Dark of the Moon devastated the city with a full-on Decepticon invasion and plenty of Michael Bay’s trademark Bayhem, is the city ready for a second helping?

Check out the full article by opening this link.

1. SilverOptimus's Avatar SilverOptimus says

Looks like our Jimmy will be there. Take photos, man!!!... Take photos like there is no tomorrow!!!

2. Uncle Madness's Avatar Uncle Madness says

Whatever....

As long as Bay's vision is flawed the location will always be irrelevant.

3. decepticreep312 has no avatar! decepticreep312 says

Awesome I enjoy seeing movies being filmed so I can visit a Transformers set a second time. The explosions are awesome but it ends up being better than the actual film.

4. TacomaPrime's Avatar TacomaPrime says

I couldn't go last time. I WILL NOT miss this this time. I only live an hour from chitown, so I will be taking some vaca for this.

5. Jakest123's Avatar Jakest123 says

Originally Posted by article
    "but since 2009’s “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” that filmed here had an estimated $200 million budget (and earned $836 million worldwide), the budget for the new film in the franchise should be comparable."
    Say what?

6. transformervic1's Avatar transformervic1 says

Interesting, although I doubt Chicago will be a final battle city again, I'm curious as to what's up Bay's sleeve. Is it going to be considered the city of chicago in the movie and imply that there's still repairing to be done, or use the city as a means for a fictional city?

7. Batman's Avatar Batman says

So I guess if they are filming for like 4 months in Chicago it would be safe to assume that the majority of the movie will take place there.

Sounds like this one is shaping up to be more of the same.

Keep reading: TF4 Filming in Chicago July Through October - Page 2