Transformers Comics from IDW Publishing in June 2013

TF_30_CVR

Comic Book Resources has posted IDW’s June 2013 solicitations with a healthy slice of new Transformers comic goodness. Along with new issues of More than Meets the Eye, Robots in Disguise and Regeneration 1, June will see the release of the second issue of Beast Hunters, the first of a four-issue print run for Transformers Monstrosity and the Transformers 30th Anniversary Collection – chronicling 30 years of Transformers in comics!

Read on for the full solicitation details. Transformers: Robots in Disguise #18
John Barber (w) • Atilio Rojo (a) • Rojo, Casey Coller (c)
SURVIVOR’S GUILT! After the shattering events of the past two issues, we can’t tell you who’s alive and who’s dead. But we will hint that one CYBERTRONIAN has to reconsider her worldview—while she comes face-to-face with some old enemies. We won’t mention any names, but she’s in for the fight of her life!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Expected in-store date: 6/5/13
Variant Covers: Phil Jimenez variant cover!
T-Minus 4 months to the event that will rock the TRANSFORMERS to their core!
Superstar artist Phil Jimenez contributes a powerful variant cover!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #18
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Sean Chen (c)
“DON’T LET THEM TAKE SKIDS!” The crew of the Lost Light left CYBERTRON before they could hear those words—part of a message from the future warning of terror and catastrophe and a threat to the entire Cybertronian race. Can the AUTOBOTS do anything to stop the beginning of the end?
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Expected in-store date: 6/26/13
Variant Covers: Nick Roche variant cover!
This is the big one—everything since MTMTE #1 has been leading to this story!
Heroes will fall—and revelations will change your perceptions of everything, ever!

Transformers: Monstrosity #1 (of 4)—SPOTLIGHT
Chris Metzen & Flint Dille (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Ramondelli x 3 (c)
MEGATRON’S DESCENT! In the early days of the war on CYBERTRON, OPTIMUS PRIME puts everything on the line to unify the planet—but not everyone agrees that this new Prime should be in charge! Meanwhile, the fallen DECEPTION leader, MEGATRON, begins a journey that will change everything. Plus—what is the terrible secret of the DINOBOTS?
*3 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 ratio
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Expected in-store date: 6/5/13
Exploding from the screen to your comic shop!
The sequel to the amazing AUTOCRACY!
Written by Chris Metzen (one of the main creative minds behind Blizzard Entertainment’s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes) and Flint Dille (writer on the original TRANSFORMERS cartoon)!

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #2
Mairghread Scott & Mike Johnson (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Ken Christiansen (c)
THE WORLD BELOW! Deep beneath the surface of CYBERTRON, the last vestiges of life struggles to survive. Their only protectors: GRIMLOCK and his loyal DINOBOTS—who find themselves at the center of a dark mystery!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Expected in-store date: 6/19/13
Variant Covers: Animation art variant cover!
Ties in to the smash hit TRANSFORMERS PRIME: BEAST HUNTERS television show as seen on the HUB!
The creative team from the critically-acclaimed TRANSFORMERS PRIME: RAGE OF THE DINOBOTS is back!

Transformers Regeneration One #92
Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman (a) • Wildman, Guido Guidi (c)
CRISIS ON CYBERTRON! A whole society, wounded and reeling after SCORPONOK’s genetic manipulations, teeters on the edge of anarchy and uprising, a situation SOUNDWAVE is only too happy to exploit! When the newly recovered BLASTER uncovers the truth, he finds himself on the endangered species list—courtesy of the all-new, all-deadly MAYHEM ATTACK SQUAD.
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Expected in-store date: 6/19/13
Variant Covers: Geoff Senior variant cover!
CYBERTRON: The last line of defense!
Continuing the story of the original 1980s TRANSFORMERS comic book series!
Non-stop action in the Furman/Wildman manner!

Transformers: Movie Collection, Vol. 1
Simon Furman, Chris Ryall, Kris Oprisko, & Chris Mowry (w) • Don Figueroa & Alex Milne (a) • John Nizzi (c)
From CYBERTRON, to Earth, and back again… the quest for the Allspark begins here! Volume 1 contains the TRANSFORMERS Movie Prequel, the TRANSFORMERS Movie Adaptation, and the comic sequel TRANSFORMERS: Reign of Starscream.
TPB • FC • $29.99 • 324 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-692-6
Expected in-store date: 6/5/13
• Now available in paperback!

Transformers 30th Anniversary Collection
Jim Sorenson, Bob Budiansky, Simon Furman, Mike Costa, James Roberts & More (w) • Andrew Wildman, Geoff Senior, Pat Lee, Don Figueroa, EJ Su, Alex Milne, Nick Roche, & More (a) • Alex Milne (c)
It’s a celebration 30 years in the making! Relive the landmark comics that helped define the legacy of TRANSFORMERS and read along with the creators that made these great comics as Jim Sorenson provides insight from a range of writers and artists that breathed life into the denizens of CYBERTRON. From Marvel to Dreamwave to IDW and other iterations in-between, this book is a must have for TF collectors!
HC • FC • $49.99 • 320 pages • 7″ x 11″ • ISBN 978-1-61377-662-9
Expected in-store date: 6/19/13
• Celebrating 30 Years of TRANSFORMERS comics!

Discussion / Comments (Jump to this Thread on the Boards)

  1. Sockie's Avatar Sockie says

    EXCLUSIVE: IDW Publishing Solicitations for June, 2013 - Comic Book Resources

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...RiD18_cvrA.jpg

    Quote:
    Transformers: Robots in Disguise #18
    John Barber (w) • Atilio Rojo (a) • Rojo, Casey Coller (c)
    SURVIVOR'S GUILT! After the shattering events of the past two issues, we can't tell you who's alive and who's dead. But we will hint that one CYBERTRONIAN has to reconsider her worldview—while she comes face-to-face with some old enemies. We won't mention any names, but she's in for the fight of her life!
    *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Expected in-store date: 6/5/13
    Variant Covers: Phil Jimenez variant cover!
    T-Minus 4 months to the event that will rock the TRANSFORMERS to their core!
    Superstar artist Phil Jimenez contributes a powerful variant cover!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...TE_18_cvrA.jpg

    Quote:
    Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #18
    James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Sean Chen (c)
    "DON'T LET THEM TAKE SKIDS!" The crew of the Lost Light left CYBERTRON before they could hear those words—part of a message from the future warning of terror and catastrophe and a threat to the entire Cybertronian race. Can the AUTOBOTS do anything to stop the beginning of the end?
    *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Expected in-store date: 6/26/13
    Variant Covers: Nick Roche variant cover!
    This is the big one—everything since MTMTE #1 has been leading to this story!
    Heroes will fall—and revelations will change your perceptions of everything, ever!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...STRO01_CVR.jpg

    Quote:
    Transformers: Monstrosity #1 (of 4)—SPOTLIGHT
    Chris Metzen & Flint Dille (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Ramondelli x 3 (c)
    MEGATRON'S DESCENT! In the early days of the war on CYBERTRON, OPTIMUS PRIME puts everything on the line to unify the planet—but not everyone agrees that this new Prime should be in charge! Meanwhile, the fallen DECEPTION leader, MEGATRON, begins a journey that will change everything. Plus—what is the terrible secret of the DINOBOTS?
    *3 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 ratio
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Expected in-store date: 6/5/13
    Exploding from the screen to your comic shop!
    The sequel to the amazing AUTOCRACY!
    Written by Chris Metzen (one of the main creative minds behind Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo universes) and Flint Dille (writer on the original TRANSFORMERS cartoon)!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...ers02_cvrA.jpg
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...s02_cvrSUB.jpg

    Quote:
    Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #2
    Mairghread Scott & Mike Johnson (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Ken Christiansen (c)
    THE WORLD BELOW! Deep beneath the surface of CYBERTRON, the last vestiges of life struggles to survive. Their only protectors: GRIMLOCK and his loyal DINOBOTS—who find themselves at the center of a dark mystery!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Expected in-store date: 6/19/13
    Variant Covers: Animation art variant cover!
    Ties in to the smash hit TRANSFORMERS PRIME: BEAST HUNTERS television show as seen on the HUB!
    The creative team from the critically-acclaimed TRANSFORMERS PRIME: RAGE OF THE DINOBOTS is back!
    Quote:
    Transformers Regeneration One #92
    Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman (a) • Wildman, Guido Guidi (c)
    CRISIS ON CYBERTRON! A whole society, wounded and reeling after SCORPONOK's genetic manipulations, teeters on the edge of anarchy and uprising, a situation SOUNDWAVE is only too happy to exploit! When the newly recovered BLASTER uncovers the truth, he finds himself on the endangered species list—courtesy of the all-new, all-deadly MAYHEM ATTACK SQUAD.
    *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Expected in-store date: 6/19/13
    Variant Covers: Geoff Senior variant cover!
    CYBERTRON: The last line of defense!
    Continuing the story of the original 1980s TRANSFORMERS comic book series!
    Non-stop action in the Furman/Wildman manner!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...COVER-copy.jpg

    Quote:
    Transformers: Movie Collection, Vol. 1
    Simon Furman, Chris Ryall, Kris Oprisko, & Chris Mowry (w) • Don Figueroa & Alex Milne (a) • John Nizzi (c)
    From CYBERTRON, to Earth, and back again… the quest for the Allspark begins here! Volume 1 contains the TRANSFORMERS Movie Prequel, the TRANSFORMERS Movie Adaptation, and the comic sequel TRANSFORMERS: Reign of Starscream.
    TPB • FC • $29.99 • 324 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-692-6
    Expected in-store date: 6/5/13
    • Now available in paperback!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im..._30_CVR_v2.jpg
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im.../TF_30_CVR.jpg

    Quote:
    Transformers 30th Anniversary Collection
    Jim Sorenson, Bob Budiansky, Simon Furman, Mike Costa, James Roberts & More (w) • Andrew Wildman, Geoff Senior, Pat Lee, Don Figueroa, EJ Su, Alex Milne, Nick Roche, & More (a) • Alex Milne (c)
    It's a celebration 30 years in the making! Relive the landmark comics that helped define the legacy of TRANSFORMERS and read along with the creators that made these great comics as Jim Sorenson provides insight from a range of writers and artists that breathed life into the denizens of CYBERTRON. From Marvel to Dreamwave to IDW and other iterations in-between, this book is a must have for TF collectors!
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 320 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN 978-1-61377-662-9
    Expected in-store date: 6/19/13
    • Celebrating 30 Years of TRANSFORMERS comics!
    Certainly does look like an interesting month. Surprised that they're doing Monstrosity as a four-issue mini in print.

  2. Mechafire's Avatar Mechafire says

    Oh, great. RID #18 sounds like Arcee: The Issue.

    Something I couldn't possibly be less interested in.

  3. Iro the Dude's Avatar Iro the Dude says

    Someone help me out - I can't for the life of me figure out who she is for RID #18.

  4. Jalaguy's Avatar Jalaguy says

    Hmm. They're releasing Monstrosity as real-life issues? They didn't do that for Autocracy did they? Also of note is that that issue is 32 pages, which equals 4 digital issues, and is billed as 1 of 4, which would suggest that Monstrosity is going to run to 16 digital issues rather than the 12 than Autocracy ran for...

    Also, I guess Shockpoint is starting in October with (unless they combine them or something for the event) RID and MTMTE #22. That'd match up with Roberts saying MTMTE 14-21 conclude the first big arc of the comic.

  5. Sockie's Avatar Sockie says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jalaguy View Post
    Hmm. They're releasing Monstrosity as real-life issues? They didn't do that for Autocracy did they? Also of note is that that issue is 32 pages, which equals 4 digital issues, and is billed as 1 of 4, which would suggest that Monstrosity is going to run to 16 digital issues rather than the 12 than Autocracy ran for...
    Nah, Monstrosity's been confirmed for 12 issues as well.

  6. Chris McFeely's Avatar Chris McFeely says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jalaguy View Post
    Also of note is that that issue is 32 pages, which equals 4 digital issues, and is billed as 1 of 4, which would suggest that Monstrosity is going to run to 16 digital issues rather than the 12 than Autocracy ran for....
    Ads, man, ads. Any random IDW TF issue is 32 pages, with 22 pages of comic and ten pages of covers and ads. Four sets of three issues at 24 pages each for these, presumably.

  7. Jalaguy's Avatar Jalaguy says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris McFeely View Post
    Ads, man, ads. Any random IDW TF issue is 32 pages, with 22 pages of comic and ten pages of covers and ads. Four sets of three issues at 24 pages each for these, presumably.
    Oh, yeah, course. Totally failed to notice everything else was listed 32 pages too... >_<

    Just looked at the covers. Skids vs. Legislators looks pretty cool, but that Arcee one just looks... odd.

  8. ZacWilliam's Avatar ZacWilliam says

    Damn I want IDW to normalize Arcee and introduce other femmes something fierce. It's the one remaining point of suckitude in their otherwise awesome ongoing books.


    -ZacWilliam, it'd be so easy to do with the Nails already around, just fix it already!

  9. Bountyan's Avatar Bountyan says

    "We can't give you any names, but we're going to use the pronoun 'her' because it's not like there's only one female Cybertronian or anything!"

  10. There are more replies on The 2005 Boards.

    Keep reading: IDW June 2013 Solicitations - Page 2

    Not a member yet? Join TFW2005 Now!

Join the Conversation! › Transformers Comics from IDW Publishing in June 2013 Discussion