The official Transformers Youtube channel has updated with a new clip promoting the upcoming third season of Transformers Prime, Beast Hunters. All is not well in Shockwave’s lab on Cybertron as he sends a transmission to Megatron…

Check out the clip below, which teases in its description, find out what happens in February:

In other news, the Hasbro Transformers website has also undergone a mild, post-Predacon rampage facelift. More on that story here.

1. Pcm979 has no avatar! Pcm979 says

Nice catch! It's weird though, the content doesn't match up with the previous footage at all.

Perhaps this was specially made for the trailer, and won't actually be in the show? That'd explain why they went for the 'speak into stationary camera with body obscuring the background' type of scene. No extra scenery or characters to make.

2. Stardust262's Avatar Stardust262 says

Is it me, or was Shockwave's voice less deep here than in Out of the Past?

And he continues to suggest that this Shockwave will be a "loyal to Megatron" version.

3. Pcm979 has no avatar! Pcm979 says

With only 16 episodes -I think that's the number-, I'm not sure they have time for another 'Megatron gets betrayed' arc, or if they even should. It's been done enough for me. But there's always the off-chance that Shocky's staged this little incident.

If it actually ends up in the show at all.

4. TFW10's Avatar TFW10 says

^^ Agreed and perhaps ^^

Thank you for sharing.

"They?",,,, I would like to know who's they but time will tell

Hopefully Shocks won't get destroyed

5. Pcm979 has no avatar! Pcm979 says

Yeah, I was wondering about that too, with the distortion over the name. It's a bit late to try to keep the Predacons under wraps, surely? So I wonder if it's actually someone else.

Meh, I'm speculating far too much.

6. Reaper Cloud's Avatar Reaper Cloud says

Originally Posted by Pcm979 View Post

While the video was cool...I feel that it was basically a commercial for the new toys and the new direction for the show. Since (like you said), nothing feels like it was taken from an episode, and it doesn't show much (besides Shockwave, who is awesome).

7. Meta777's Avatar Meta777 says

Shockwave, Shockwave, Shockwave.

You just don't learn from your shennanigins with giant killer robot reptiles, do you?

8. Sovereign Prime's Avatar Sovereign Prime says

Personally, I believe this trailer foreshadows a possible Predaking going rouge. Just my thought, at least.

9. transformerwars's Avatar transformerwars says

Given Shockwave's basic movements, the lower quality look of the animation, and altered/different voice, I'd say that this clip is intended to advertise the toy line more so than the actual show.

It also doesn't help that this clip doesn't in any way line up with what we've seen of the upcoming episode so far, in that Shockwave seems to have Predaking on some sort of leash. Whilst here, he's lost total control of him before even getting to Earth.

10. There are more replies on The 2005 Boards.

Keep reading: Transformers Beast Hunters: Video Transmission From Shockwave - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Promo Spot #2 – Video Transmission from Shockwave Discussion