Transformers 4 To Begin Filming May 2013

Logo

The Transformers Live Action Movie Blog is reporting that Transformers 4 will begin shooting in May 2013. This information comes via a Collider interview with Transformers 4 lead actor, Mark Wahlberg. Mark also goes into a little bit of detail on how him and Michael Bay ended up working together for the project:

“That’s why Transformers came about, because we had such a great time working together [on Pain and Gain]. We kind of complemented each other throughout the entire process, what he does and what I do and what we were able to do together, and then after that I was like ‘Dude we gotta work together again,’ and he was like, ‘Well I got a project, you interested?’ (laughs)”

“We’re shooting Transformers in May, and then I believe we’re gonna do Ted 2 right after. They’re working on it now and we’ve kind of gone through the negotiation process. The great thing about it is Seth’s ideas for the second one are sick. He comes from the world of episodic television so he knows how to tell the stories, man, in a way that most people don’t, like for instance The Italian Job we’ve been trying to do the sequel for 10 years. He’s a different kind of guy.”

You can view the interview with Mark from Collider at the link above.

Discussion / Comments (Jump to this Thread on the Boards)

  1. dirtweed has no avatar! dirtweed says

    Isn't it sad.....I'm more excited that they will be making a Ted 2 then I am for a TF4.

  2. AutobotMechanic's Avatar AutobotMechanic says

    I know the hate will spew shortly, but I enjoy the movies and I'm excited for the new one to start filming.

  3. Starscreamownz's Avatar Starscreamownz says

    I'm going to say this before the pessimists start spewing their liquid anguish everywhere:

    Good news. I enjoyed Ted and can't wait for the sequel. TF4 is good news too. Sad though, yes, That I'm more interested in Ted 2 then TF4.

  4. Arashistorm has no avatar! Arashistorm says

    eh to Ted 2, really excited for TF4! Being in the theatres to see the movies go down when tey first come out is a big part of what makes em awesome. Really interested in seeing where the tale goes too

  5. Digilaut's Avatar Digilaut says

    Arghhh, May is a horrible month to start shooting!! This movie will suck!!1

  6. Pcm979 has no avatar! Pcm979 says

    I'm a liquid anguishate-spewing pessimist and I'm looking forward to this movie!

  7. MV95's Avatar MV95 says

    Doesn't filming usually start around March? I wonder why it's so late.

  8. Firestar84 has no avatar! Firestar84 says

    I think I'm more in the 'acceptance of disappointment' category because expecting a good script/story would be expecting something contrary to what he's already delivered in T1-3... Not saying all of it was bad. Just a good part of it. So, I'll still see it when the DVD releases. That way I can scan through all the "human" parts of the film that don't contribute to the over-all story-arc, which will be about 75% of the movie (if it follows the T1-3 models) and enjoy the remaining 25% (hopefully there'll be at least that much, any less... blech) minutes of 'Bots. Sigh.

    Perhaps things would be better if Hasbro had their own studio and could have more creative control from folks who actually 'care' about the franchise as well as wanting to make money. Could be wrong, shrug... studios are studios and execs are execs...

    Don't particularly want to be flamed for an opinion and I'm certainly not diss'ing anyone... just in case someone's thinking of aiming in this direction.

  9. There are more replies on The 2005 Boards.

    Keep reading: TF4 to film in May - Page 2

    Not a member yet? Join TFW2005 Now!

Join the Conversation! › Transformers 4 To Begin Filming May 2013 Discussion