Jagex were presenting a panel on the Transformers Universe MMO at London’s MCM expo over the weekend. During the panel they covered a whole bunch of features of the game, some of which we already knew from previous Q&A sessions, but there are also a few hints at new things which have not been covered previously, such as how you can use real-world currency in the game and why the title is “Universe” (hint: you’re not going to be Earthbound forever…)
Here’s a list of key points from the presentation, taken down by TFW2005 member Cosablanca:
- A free web-based MMO based on Transformers Prime.
- Aimed to last for at least 10 years.
- Will have various known Transformers Characters
- At launch the game will be based on Earth but eventually other “areas” will be accessible such as Cybertron + other planets. Hence, the name “Universe”. They have stated that new transformers will be introduced as we travel from one world to another.
- Energon is aimed to be used as a currency.
- Real money will be integrated in the game but in what way exactly has not been yet finalized. Most likely a way to increase the pace of things for people who would like quick results. It will not be used to purchase a more powerful weapon as that would not be fair.
- Initially only vehicles but animal forms/beast modes to follow.
- You can choose a male or a female character.
- There will be classes: ie brawler, snipper, technician (not yet defined)
- Alternate modes are not just a mount