Transformers the Ride Opens at Universal Studios Hollywood 25 May 2012

A new video released by Universal Studios Hollywood gives the opening date for Transformers the Ride. The ride is due to open to general admission on 25 May 2012. However, as 2005 boards member MTME points out, those with an annual pass can experience the ride early, on 4-6 May.

Check out the announcement trailer below:

1. blitz has no avatar! blitz says

Transformers: The Ride 3D opening at Universal Studios Hollywood on May 25, 2012 - YouTube

"Meanwhile, Universal Studios Hollywood unveiled a video of its latest attraction, Transformers: The Ride 3D, an attraction that features the autobot and evil decepticon characters from director Michael Bay's Transformers movies. Its a thrill ride scheduled to open May 25 that carries guests along a track and envelops them in the world of Transformers using special effects and high-definition 3-D technology."

Videos give sneak peek of Cars Land and Transformers attractions - latimes.com

Well it looks like there is an official date for the ride which is a couple of weeks after the soft opening. I think the video is the same teaser but now with official date.

2. tfprime32 has no avatar! tfprime32 says

but my question is does it still work if you bought that by aday get the year free pass? would that count?

3. Shin Densetsu's Avatar Shin Densetsu says

Does this mean that the Prime w/trailer will be sold at Universal Studios?

4. SONICDEBEZT's Avatar SONICDEBEZT says

Originally Posted by Magnus12 View Post
    Really hope it comes to florida as I usually go there
    I don't think so the ride is set in LA so unlees they change it to orlando, or keep it the same, I don't they'll have it in orlando

5. Russian fan's Avatar Russian fan says

Well, I said a month ago that the opening will be May 25, but no one believed me
    I will protect my coursework and fly! I run to buy a ticket!

6. Optibotimus's Avatar Optibotimus says

If you bought a pass and got the "buy a day and get 2012 free" then you can use that for the early bit May 4-6th. You have to have that though...there is the option to just buy the day and not get the year pass. Which makes no sense why anyone would want to do that because they're both the same price, but whatever. My understanding is that they'll stop selling the year admission pass though BEFORE May. I can't confirm that though. I've only heard it from friends that have been to Universal before. But also, you need to know that if you can't make it down for the early opening, that blackout dates still apply and May 26th, 27th and 28th are blacked out unless you pay for the "no blackout dates" ticket...which i think is like an extra 32 dollars. Now, the ride opens officially on the 25th...so if you want to bother with that rush and the lines that'll come from a brand new ride, you can go on that day. Otherwise, i'd suggest getting there for the early showing. It isn't really being massively advertised.

Keep reading: Transformers: The Ride 3D opening at Universal Studios Hollywood on May 25, 2012 - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › Transformers the Ride Opens at Universal Studios Hollywood 25 May 2012 Discussion