Fall of Cybertron Combaticons New Official Images

Blast-Off-Robot

The great thing about video games is they sometimes have bonus rounds – so by way of a Fall of Cybertron video game bonus round, here’s a new look at the toys of the Combaticons! These new images show the decos of the five Combaticons – Onslaught, Decepticon Brawl, Vortex, Swindle and Blast Off – as they were exhibited at Toy Fair 2012. The most notable thing about them is the purple deco on Blast Off, but there are some other tweaks in these pictures too. Read on and check out our mirror, or head on over to view the original source on the Transformers Facebook page.

Discussion / Comments (Jump to this Thread on the Boards)

  1. Nope's Avatar Nope says





    The Brawl and Swindle pics look new, but I'm not sure if the Onslaught image is the same or a new one.

  2. Smashs's Avatar Smashs says

    For the first time ever, i'm glad the photoshop versions will be misrepresentations. I really hope the dull, flat colors that Hasbro uses will be used for these guys.

  3. Incepticon's Avatar Incepticon says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
    For the first time ever, i'm glad the photoshop versions will be misrepresentations. I really hope the dull, flat colors that Hasbro uses will be used for these guys.
    I agree that the duller more realistic colors looked best, but based on what Hasbro had on display at Toy Fair, it looks like we're getting exactly what these pictures show: an absolute clusterf*ck of neon colors.

  4. Smashs's Avatar Smashs says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
    I agree that the duller more realistic colors looked best, but based on what Hasbro had on display at Toy Fair, it looks like we're getting exactly what these pictures show: an absolute clusterf*ck of neon colors.
    Yea. I have my fingers crossed that those were prototypes, and when mass production hits they'll change.

    Either way, still buying them.

  5. transformerwars's Avatar transformerwars says

    I do hope that the Combaticons don't appear as neon on the actual toy release. But, I'll be picking them up no matter what.

    I like the look of Optimus and Shockwave. They both look really accurate to the game. However, I think I'll pass on Jazz. I don't like how he has the whole car on his upper torso and nothing on his legs. He looks awful.

  6. SPLIT LIP's Avatar SPLIT LIP says

    I could have sworn somebody at toyfair said those were not the final colours.

    Regardless, even though I'd prefer a gold Blast Off, I kinda dig drug trip Vortex.

    "Dude... my combiner hands are huge. They're like... in my leg. That's not right man!"

  7. Sinnertwin has no avatar! Sinnertwin says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
    I could have sworn somebody at toyfair said those were not the final colours.

    Regardless, even though I'd prefer a gold Blast Off, I kinda dig drug trip Vortex.

    "Dude... my combiner hands are huge. They're like... in my leg. That's not right man!"


    I appreciate the Energon Bruticus Maximus homage, but I'd far prefer game-accurate colors.

  8. Mechafire's Avatar Mechafire says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
    I could have sworn somebody at toyfair said those were not the final colours.
    A Hasbro rep apparently did.

    And I hope he/she was right. Really don't like these colors at all. Vastly prefer the game-accurate decos as seen in the GI article.

  9. ZacWilliam's Avatar ZacWilliam says

    I think both color schemes are good in different ways. The Game colors are more "realish" but also duller. These Bruticus Maximus colors are brighter more interesting fun and toy-like (a good thing) but also just a tad over bright imo.

    Neither of course are actual G1 colors. Which I'm ok with. But I'll be very curious if Takara does a G1 accurate deco for this guy.


    Either way I can not WAIT for these toys.


    -ZacWilliam, REALLY hopes we get an Autobot team (preferably earth forms) in the same general style in 2013. Aerialbots prefered, but I'd take either of the others too.

  10. There are more replies on The 2005 Boards.

    Keep reading: New Facebook Photos of the Neon FoC Combaticons - Page 2

    Not a member yet? Join TFW2005 Now!

Join the Conversation! › Fall of Cybertron Combaticons New Official Images Discussion