Masterpiece Ultra Magnus Concept Image from Takara Designer

masterpiece-ultra-magnus

Takara Tomy designer Hasui Shogo posted a tweet earlier today, and in it was a pic of very early concept work for a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus – WITH ARMOR. This looks to use the MP-10 Convoy as the base, with a new trailer to work as Ultra Magnus battle deco.

Check out the pic and discussion after the break.

1. deathsheadII's Avatar deathsheadII says

yes yes and fuckin yes here it comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like needs work but YEEEEEEEESS!!! the rumours were bloody true !!!

2. TigerBlade's Avatar TigerBlade says

Now this is what I'm talking about! Yeah it's a repaint but that can be forgiven if he has his armour.

EDIT - for those saying ugly....look at the detail loss on Prime.....I'd expect this to be awesome by the time it hits retail. I wasn't bothered about MP Rodimus before...now however...bastards....

3. deathsheadII's Avatar deathsheadII says

only a concept at the moment but will be great when it has had some work done on it! this has actually made my day

4. Timesynch's Avatar Timesynch says

Looks like they put that photo through a couple of Photoshop filters to blur out the details. Still, the proportions of both figures are still wonky, especially the arms which are way too long for my tastes. I do notice that UM's shins/feets are turned around backwards to snap into his armored boots; that's kinda interesting. His torso area looks pretty strange to me though. I dunno, proportions-wise these just throw me off and makes me think FP CC UM is still the definitive UM, but guess only time will tell.

5. Bumblethumper's Avatar Bumblethumper says

might need another waist piece, but other than that it works for me.

6. Takeshi357's Avatar Takeshi357 says

Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    If you look closely, you will notice that the whole thing has been really badly airbrushed in photoshop or something, giving it a molten wax look.

I suspect the real picture is of the resin cast prototypes and looks a lot better.

7. Fort Max's Avatar Fort Max says

Had to read the first post again before I commented as it looks awful but I get it, it's a proof of concept piece, like that HA Ratchet we saw. It's not an actual prototype, still at least they're thinking about it, hopefully they'll actually do it this time.

Keep reading: MP Ultramagnus ver.2 concept image! - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › Masterpiece Ultra Magnus Concept Image from Takara Designer Discussion