Jagex, the creators of the upcoming Transformers Universe MMO sent us an update today. They wanted to recap and share the information and images about the project revealed at Botcon 2011.
Check out their details below. There are also some awesome images of Prowl, Barricade, the Decepticon Fighter and a couple background shots as well, which you can see by reading the full story.
[INDENT]For those who missed the news, here what was announced about the game at BotCon:
- Hasbro and Jagex have joined forces to develop and publish a TRANSFORMERS MMO.
- The title of the MMO will be TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE.
- TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE will be an action orientated MMO.
- In TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE players will be able to create and play as their own AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON, designing and customising the character to fit their game play style, combat preferences and appearance.
- After looking at the mechanics, the iconic TRANSFORMERS IP, and the TRANSFORMERS heritage Jagex distilled this into core themes which are present throughout the TRANSFORMERS universe: conflict, teamwork, and social regard (the AUTOBOTS caring for the humans)
- TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE sits within the “Prime” timeline, along with the book Exodus, the War for Cybertron games and the Prime cartoon.
- The game will be released in 2012.
Make sure to visit http://www.transformersuniverse.com to keep up with the progress of the game!