The War Within the Age of Wrath Issue 4 Summary

War-Within-Volume-3-4

In 2004, Dreamwave Comics began publication of the third chapter of the War Within saga. Chronicling the secret history of the war for Cybertron, it began with the return of Megatron. Heroes fell and tyrants rose, but the story was cut short before its dramatic conclusion could be told.

Now, thanks to Simon Furman making copies of the script for the unreleased issue 4 available at Auto Assembly 2010, we are proud to share with you this special TFW2005 Thanksgiving treat – an in-depth summary of the events of issue 4, giving you a glimpse into what could have been – and what would have happened next. Check out the summary in our Transformers Comics Resources section:

The War Within Volume 3 The Age of Wrath Issue 4

And, if you want to refresh your minds as to what went before, check out our summaries of the first three issues:

The War Within Volume 3 The Age of Wrath Issue 1
The War Within Volume 3 The Age of Wrath Issue 2
The War Within Volume 3 The Age of Wrath Issue 3

1. Sol Fury's Avatar Sol Fury says

War Within Volume 3 4 - Transformers Comic Books and Graphic Novels - TFW2005

Enjoy guys. Mad props as always to Simon Furman, who was selling copies of the script for this issue at Auto Assembly 2010, and who'll hopefully have a copy of the issue 5 script (and a summary of 6, for which the script never got written) at next year's Auto Assembly. It's a real privilege to own this in some form, and an honour for me to share this with you.

Also, get caught up on what went before with a quick scan of our War Within Age of Wrath issues 1-3 summaries:

War Within Volume 3 1 - Transformers Comic Books and Graphic Novels - TFW2005
    War Within Volume 3 2 - Transformers Comic Books and Graphic Novels - TFW2005
    War Within Volume 3 3 - Transformers Comic Books and Graphic Novels - TFW2005

2. King Henrik's Avatar King Henrik says

pretty cool stuff. i re-read these a few months ago so it was fairly fresh in my mind. i can tell you i don't like the idea of waiting a year or more to find out what was supposed to happen.

3. Kaijumaster's Avatar Kaijumaster says

YEAH! BABY!

There was GOT to have been some legal statute that just expired in relation to DW. I doubt Mr. Furman just DECIDED to let us all in on the secrets.

4. Sideswipe80's Avatar Sideswipe80 says

So much better than the stuff IDW is putting out. I wish we could have got this.

5. Repugnus's Avatar Repugnus says

Finally seeing this is the greatest thing ever! It's like Christmas on Thanksgiving!!

6. PrimulArchangel's Avatar PrimulArchangel says

Did these ever make it to print or at least soem final digital proofs or something ? I would love to see some virtual versions of these or something instead of just reading what was suppose to happen.

7. Spartan Prime's Avatar Spartan Prime says

Sounds great, with the exception of Grimlock. Furman's babyboy ran out his welcome with me long ago. He really isn't that great a character, and ends up getting his ass beaten in more times than not. Some "badass".

Hopefully he spills the rest of it, though it's probably all pretty predictable "Prime returns and pounds Megatron into paste. Things go back to how they were beforehand".

8. Repugnus's Avatar Repugnus says

Originally Posted by PrimulArchangel View Post
    Nope. There are a few pages of artwork that have made their way onto the internet, but that's about it. And it's a huge shame too, because in my opinion, this was the best thing Dreamwave was putting out when it folded.

And may I just say, I love how the summary of this issue ends! It's great to finally find out where Simon was going with the Grimlock subplot! The big guy may have been massively over exposed at DW, but I have to admit that I was curious about what happened to him.

The only thing that could be better would be if the full comic script was eventually posted online!

9. SharkyMcShark's Avatar SharkyMcShark says

:O

I absolutely loved War Within - I still consider Dark Ages the best TF comic series.

I hope the story for the full Wrath arc is released.

10. There are more replies on The 2005 Boards.

Keep reading: War Within Age of Wrath Issue 4 Summary - Page 2