War for Cybertron 2 in 2012

war-for-cybertron-2

One small bit of news that came from the Hasbro Investor Day event for November 2010 which I think needs some singled out attention –

War for Cybertron 2 was mentioned as a go for 2012.

While we all thought and hoped it would happen, until now we had no official word. Things could still change, and this could just have been a forward looking statement about things that are very possible, but not concrete by folks at Hasbro while they talked up their projects to investors. However, it is great news to fans of the first game, and we are all happy to hear it.

Discuss away!

1. Otispq's Avatar Otispq says

First one was a fun single player game, but the biggest load of console-ported crap I've ever played in pc multiplayer. I'll not buy it.

2. UltraMagnus3786's Avatar UltraMagnus3786 says

I wonder what the story could be about. The Autobots clean up cybertron further before rolling to Earth? Perhaps the story takes place on Earth the whole time? Part of the uniqueness of the first game was that it was telling a story not really told in any other fiction before. It also allowed for the environments to be proportional to the robots. I wonder what they can do with a sequel, and where it can go.

Either way, I loved the first game and look forward to more!

3. McBradders's Avatar McBradders says

2012, guess we really do have to suffer another movie game

Still, good news if they can get their shit together with the online stuff this time.

4. tfmad2010's Avatar tfmad2010 says

Sweet, but I hope they make it so you can do rolls . It would be epic missing shots.

I think the should would basically be the build up before crashing on Earth .

5. Rhinox555's Avatar Rhinox555 says

Originally Posted by UltraMagnus3786 View Post

Either way, I loved the first game and look forward to more!
    Well, Optimus Prime and Megatron still haven't actually MET each other on-screen, which was a big letdown with WFC. It was supposed to tell the story of how Optimus and Megatron became enemies, but it did no such thing. The closest they got to interacting was a "Megatron-face shaped chunk of metal" talking smack to Prime while he fought off a few waves of drones.

6. Ra88's Avatar Ra88 says

I hope they don't shoe horn it to fit in with TF Prime at Hasbro's insistence, and instead are allowed to continue it as they want. Regardless though, I can't wait for it.

7. Mechafire has no avatar! Mechafire says

I'm actually really excited. The first game definitely has flaws, but I still enjoyed it. I guess this means the possibility of more figures as well.

Keep reading: War for Cybertron 2! - Page 2