Botcon 2010 Collector’s Club Roundtable

Key points:

2011 Freebie:

Sideburn
– blue recolor of Classics Rodimus in Robots in Disguise Sideburn colors

2011 Club Exclusives:

Generation 2 Ramjet – recolor of Classics Ramjet based on Generation 2 Ramjet
Animated Transtech Cheetor – remold of Animated Blurr with a new head. Not necessarily an Animated universe character

– Action Master Thundercracker from the Classics Seeker mold was planned alongside G2 Ramjet for this years set, but Hasbro told them no based on the fact the molds were in use. Action Master Thundercracker would have been the free attendee figure. Ramjet as noted above will be a Club Exclusive, Thundercracker probably will not happen. Ramjet will probably be Fun Publication’s final use of the Classics Seekers.

– No plans to do anything involving the Animated universe.

– Nexus Prime is now owned by Hasbro so he will probably not turn up in the Club Comics again; Hasbro may have their own plans for him, nothing confirmed.

THERE WILL BE A LIMITED RUN OF 300 MORE PUNCH COUNTERPUNCH EXCLUSIVES. LIMITED TO 1 PER CUSTOMER, IF YOU ORDERED ONE PREVIOUSLY YOU CANNOT ORDER ANOTHER.

1. Triggerhappy's Avatar Triggerhappy says

G2 Ramjet!! OH!! Ok, for that I will join the club.

EDIT! and Transtech Cheetor!?

Well, that sealed the deal.

2. yami4ct's Avatar yami4ct says

Animated Transtech Cheetor. Hmm, never thought of a Blurr remold for that one. It's perfect, though. I may have to join to get that. Also, a blue Rodimus repaint as RiD Sideburn is very cool.

3. Tirade's Avatar Tirade says

I like the Classics Rodimus Mold, but not a fan of the Sideburn character.

So they do a G2 Ramjet for a club exclusive, but not for the G2 Redux BotCon set? Odd if you ask me.

Also, I have zero interest in animated molds. They might be sitting on that Transtech Cheetor for a long time.

4. Shatterpoint's Avatar Shatterpoint says

I always thought blurr would make a nice Trans tech cheetor.

5. Valkysas's Avatar Valkysas says

They already said why. Hasbro was using the conehead mold at the time.

This also indicates hasbro is using the normal seeker mold, since they can't do the action master thundercracker deco they wanted to do.

Pretty sure that your opinion alone won't make or break this figure.

They just said they won't touch the animated universe for exclusives at all.

that's stupid.

fun publications is stupid.

the only reason I can see that being justified is if they arent going to do it because hasbro's got that covered through generations or something.

6. Tirade's Avatar Tirade says

@Valkysas

Yes, I just read that info on G2 Ramjet.

As for my opinion, that is right, it's just that. But the fact that FunPub won't touch it for BotCon is smart. Animated is not that popular. I can only imagine the backlash if they started basing BotCon toys on animated molds. It would not be pretty.

Keep reading: Botcon 2010 TCC Roundtable Panel - Page 2