Tony Todd to return for Third Transformers Movie

transformers-2-the-fallen1

In a recent interview with Den of Geek Tony Todd was quoted saying he will be returning for the third installment of the Transformers Movies:

Are you involved in Transformers 3 do you think?
Definitely?
You want to quote me? What I was told last month, yes. But that’s Hollywood!

Will Mr. Todd be reprising his role as The Fallen, or will he be an entirely new character? Discuss in our forums!

1. MythofBlackout's Avatar MythofBlackout says

Saw this news posted via the Allspark and didn't see a thread about it here.

Apparently, last month Tony Todd was told that he will be in TF3.

Source: Tony Todd interview: Candyman, Transformers 3, Platoon, Chuck and his brand new projects - Den of Geek

Are you involved in Transformers 3 do you think?

Definitely?

You want to quote me? What I was told last month, yes. But that's Hollywood!
    Does this mean the return of The Fallen or is he going to be voicing a new character?

2. Optimus Prime's Avatar Optimus Prime says

Considering the fact that the Fallen is a "multiversal singularity," much like Unicron, and thus cannot truly be destroyed, he could very well re-appear in the movie's universe to actually wreak some havoc this time...
    ...but considering how unlikely that is, I think it is safe to assume that, if this information is true, he'll be voicing a new character.

3. ORIO's Avatar ORIO says

Yeah I hope for a new character as well. I was kinda underwhelmed with the Fallen.

4. rikkuluverx2's Avatar rikkuluverx2 says

hmm I think he's still gonna do the voice for 'the fallen'. Probably something like megatron's 'conscience', a good example of this is seen in spider-man 2&3, where norman osborn still haunts his son's mind and such. But chances are he's gonna do the voice of another bot too.

5. Malunis_T's Avatar Malunis_T says

Hmm. I have a theory - Let's look at Metal Gear Solid 4. It has a lot of sound clips from previous games which are used in random flashbacks. Thus, they credit those VAs, even if they didn't technically provide new material for this game.

My idea is maybe Megatron is reminiscing about Fallen, and we'll see a flashback about him. Maybe just some bits of ROTF to show what happened to him, or hey, new material?

6. Wheeljack_Prime's Avatar Wheeljack_Prime says

Originally Posted by Optimus747 View Post
    As a singularity, death for him means he can no longer return to the movieverse, but still exists in other continuities.

I'd wager that Todd's going to either come back as the Fallen in flashbacks, or as a new character.

Keep reading: Tony Todd to return for TF3? - Page 2